Anyone Ever Do Sturgis Bike Week?

I've never been there and have been thinking it could be a good time to do once. Looking for those that have done it to speak up with their experiences please.

2. Member
    Better take a thick wallet with you. Everything is stupid priced. A few of the local restaurants still play nice and wont try to bend you over. Make reservations now for next year. Take good rain gear, they don't have showers they have major thunderstorms. Many still have the dented up gas tanks from the hail. Good luck trying to cover your bike with the 60 mph winds. This year they are saying the most ever to attend. I wouldn't want to be there this year, just too many people. But you will have a good time, lots of good folks there to talk to

3. Member
    A friend mine from work went last year. Him and about 9 others went from south Louisiana. Him said he had a good time but he will never do it again.

4. Member
    I went this year rode out there solo and had a great time. Met an old friend who lives out in Washington state. He trailered his bike behind a motor home. We stayed at The Full Throttle Saloon camp ground. It is located 10 miles outside of Sturgis. We were there for 5 days and rode over 600 miles seeing all the sites out there. It was on my bucket list. Don't know if I'll ever do it another time. It was a great ride and adventure and totally different than bike week at Daytona or Panama City.
    USMC 1966 - 1968
    Combat Vets Association Georgia Chapter 25-1
    1999 Cobra 201S 2012 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Bird 798 & 1198 Minn Kota Ultrex

5. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Been about 10 times. We’ve camped and stayed at hotels. You can easily get by on less than 100 dollars a day not including lodging.

Lots of fun things to do. Research things you want to do and see and list each by day you wanna do them. Stone house saloon is our favorite place. Moonshine gulch is fun, gotta go downtown at least once and also hit up the hd dealer in rapid for couple hours. Lots of nice riding but with all the rookie riders it can be frustrating and dangerous

6. Member
    Black Hills scenery, Rapid City tourist attractions, Wall Drug, Badlands

Needles Highway and Lake Sylvan ride
    Deadwood to Newcastle to Custer ride
    Custer State Park - ze buffalo
    Iron Mountain Road ride - coupla tunnels with distant view of Mt. Rushmore and

great overlook view at summit - ends at Keystone (funky town).

Deadwood - Silverado Breakfast Buffet and Fri./Sat. crab leg buffet and night 'stuff'
    Sturgis - One-eyed Jacks - whipped cream treatment (gotta see it) and Night 'stuff'
    Nemo Road to Vanocker canyon ride
    Lake Pactola - overlook and rent a pontoon 1/2 day if time
    Tons of concerts
    Side trips to Wy - Devils Tower and Hulett (gets wild at night)
    Spearfish canyon ride - then, 'back' route (by Tatanka) to Deadwood
    Hill City - another funky town not far from Keystone
    Gaslight restaurant at Rockerville

highway 385 ride from Deadwood to Custer
    Lotsa bikes - lotsa chicks
    Only thing expensive is lodging
    Do not take your half in the middle ....