Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    This year alone I have hooked and orange/reflective traffic barrel in six feet of water. I was flipping near a freeway overpass bridge when it happened, so I guess it wasn't that out of place. I also caught a Lew's TP1 Heavy Action rod in 8 feet of water on Lake St. Clair. The reel was unrecognizable due to the colony of zebra muscles that had encrusted it, but the braid and Strike King pad perch were still in decent shape. All I can figure is the rod was lost while running from one spot to another, because it certainly wasn't in an area where you would throw that type of lure. I cleaned the rod up and it is in really good shape. I don't need another rod like that, so it'll be my "trade-in" rod for next years Bass Pro Shops spring fishing classic.

2. Member
    Ky Lake - a Dildo.. No shit.. A dildo. Snagged it off a ledge in about 15 feet of water on a crankbait, Looked like it had been in the lake a long time but unmistakable what it was. I guess explaining how it got there may have been a better story?

3. Member
    Hooked a 12-inch bass that was also hooked on a trotline. It had been there a while as the hook was very rusted and the fish was skinny. I suspect that little bass ate everything that came within that 2 foot circle where it was tethered. I unhooked it from both my line and the trotline and released it. I always wondered if it just swam back to the same spot and started patrolling again.

At Amistad, hooked a Vienna Sausage can in 50 foot of water. Brought it to the top and a big crawdad was inside. Answered the question on how deep craws will live.

Also have caught panties, rods/reels, a perch trap, a coon, snakes, etc.

4. Member
    On the St. John's river in FL, also a seagull while fishing with live shiners. It put up a pretty good aerial fight.

And, a different time while fishing the St. John's, a baby gator, also with a live shiner.

5. Member
    If you want to have fun - try hooking a bucket to your buddy's line when he's not looking.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

6. Member
    My cat!!! Tried to take a bite out of a whopper plopper!!

Cat Hook.jpg

7. Member
    my buddy snagged a body and turned out to be my neighbor that was missing for 2 days.
    2015 189 trx

8. Member
    Not me, but I remember this being posted on here a while back and it made me laugh:

https://www.facebook.com/blake.edwar...93143440699640

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    my buddy snagged a body and turned out to be my neighbor that was missing for 2 days.
    If this is true, it deserves a thread on the whole story...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post

11. Member
    Caught a turtle on a zara spook.

12. Member
    A pelican, a blue heron, a huge rock to name a few.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Snagged a dead catfish skeleton in the spine on a C-rig once. Caught a sock full of rocks. We didn’t catch it but my partner and I found a small igloo full of dildos, lube and other toys floating in the AR river close to Spadra.

A small igloo full! What degenerates...at least use a Yeti so they stay fresher longer.

14. Member
    2 condoms on one shoreline. The cove I was fishing was the overflow for a municipal sewer system during heavy storms. Shoreline was loaded with needles and rubbers. When high tide hit they all went swimming again.

Lawn chair as a kid fishing off a dock same cove.

First trip after ice out on a private lake. I hooked a bullhead that was alive and attached to a plastic ice fishing tip up.

Hooked a carp over 10 pounds on a cheap rod and reel when I was a kid at mouth to same cove. I snagged the swivel that was attached to a snelled hook. Somebody had hooked the carp and had their line break at the swivel.

Same cove I snagged the biggest carp I ever hooked. Well over 30 inches long. I was using a worm on a snelled hook attached to a 2 ounce lead sinker. Hooked the carp on its side by the scales. As I got it about 10 feet from where I was standing the hook with sinker came free and snapped back like it was shot from a gun hitting my buddy square in the chest. Almost knocked him out. And then he almost kicked my ass.

Fishing with that same kid on a jetty that was at the mouth of a salt water river near long island sound.
    We were bomb casting heavy sinkers into the current. One cast I made it to the channel and a large sleeper sail boat that was under gas power came speeding by and snagged my line. The entire crew was screaming at us as they spooled my reel. Needless to say that was the end of that fishing trip.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 08-04-2021 at 02:56 PM.

15. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    A bat while night fishing. Hell of a back lash on that one.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

16. Member
    I personally havent caught too much crazy but have been in the boat for multiple of these. My brother completed the ultimate stereotype and caught a rubber boot.

I caught a baitcasting combo while trolling for walleye, that one was hilarious because between my drag and the drag on the rod I caught I really had to finnesse the thing in.

My buddy dave caught a woodpecker mid flight, the thing came in the boat and hung out for the ride home to dry off. He eventually took off but hung out on the back of the boat while we continued to fish.

Not too interesting but a hell of a fight, i caught a big piece of landscaping mesh that pulled drag and increased resistance as it flowed through the water. Id thought id hooked a monster.

Had another buddy catch a piece of what he described as "human hair" with a piece of skin. He never told anyone for a couple of years, I still think he caught a chunk of a dead animal, but I wasnt there so who am I to judge.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

17. Member
    I've caught condoms (Potomac Whitefish) on two separate occasions. Rod and reel, a blue heron, a goose and once caught the top of my buddies head when we were kids fishing out of a small Jon boat.

18. Moderator
    Hooked a snapping turtle with a tube bait.

19. Member
    Caught some sunglasses just a few weeks ago flipping a dock. Ladies cheap-o

Some kind of big assed water snake.
    Toilet seat....literally the entire seat lid and the ass gasket.
    Unknown automobile alternator.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast