Deep Creek Lake — Taking a boat.

Not the Chesapeake but wondering if anyone on here has taken a bass boat to Deep Creek, Maryland during October. For 15 years we vacationed during the fall at a house that allowed boat trailer parking. This year we were forced to rent another house. Railey Realty does not permit boat trailers to pull into some of their communities and parking of trailers is prohibited at their houses. They recommend using D&W Storage which is an RV park that has a boat trailer parking area. Its just off Route 219 as you get into the lake area near Garrett Community College. Has anyone used this facility. Seems like a PITA for charging batteries, etc. Why a lake restricts vacationers from bringing their own boats is beyond me. I understand some of these neighborhoods can be tight but if I’m renting a house in the middle of no where with a wide open driveway it just sounds ridiculous. Im being told its the new rule for all rental houses in Garrett County.
    Rich
    Westminster, Maryland
    Champion 198 Elite DC / Yamaha VMax

just take your boat and the hell with them.
    If its a house not a condo I would just take it.
    Greg Haberkorn (Habby)
    2018 Ranger Z521L
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS - 2B738680

Quote Originally Posted by R1Peacock View Post
    Not the Chesapeake but wondering if anyone on here has taken a bass boat to Deep Creek, Maryland during October. For 15 years we vacationed during the fall at a house that allowed boat trailer parking. This year we were forced to rent another house. Railey Realty does not permit boat trailers to pull into some of their communities and parking of trailers is prohibited at their houses. They recommend using D&W Storage which is an RV park that has a boat trailer parking area. Its just off Route 219 as you get into the lake area near Garrett Community College. Has anyone used this facility. Seems like a PITA for charging batteries, etc. Why a lake restricts vacationers from bringing their own boats is beyond me. I understand some of these neighborhoods can be tight but if I’m renting a house in the middle of no where with a wide open driveway it just sounds ridiculous. Im being told its the new rule for all rental houses in Garrett County.
    If thats the new rule then the Dems have taken over in Garrett county
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Habby View Post
    just take your boat and the hell with them.
    If its a house not a condo I would just take it.
    What Greg said.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Two companies predominantly manage the vacation rentals in the Deep Creek area. Taylor Made specifically has verbiage in their contracts now restricting boat trailers at their properties. Railey has not updated their contracts but verbally say boat trailers need to be parked offsite if you ask about bringing a boat trailer. We were fortunate to find another house and the rental agreement specifically says 1 parking spot is available for boat trailers. Like most places in Maryland it has changed up there through the years. I proposed to my wife there and we go back every year with the kids during the fall. Sadly, overall it’s getting over priced for rentals and the general population is changing.
    Rich
    Westminster, Maryland
    Champion 198 Elite DC / Yamaha VMax

6. Member
    We were up there camping with our boat a week ago. Stayed at the MD State Campground, it’s really nice. If you you are camping there, you can leave your boat in the water overnight at their dock if you want, plenty of trailer parking too. We talk about about renting a condo there, but the camping works so well, we haven’t yet. It’s good to find out about the trailer parking issue before we try. It’s kind of a non issue at the campground.