Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Mine won't take gas holding the nozzle normal. But upside down and going slow for the first 5-10 seconds then I can open it wide open and fill it.

It seems like letting the tank get low makes it alot worse. If you always keep 15+ gallons in the boat it helps alot too

I hold the fuel nozzle upside down. Fills with out a problem using that trick. I just have to pay attention to when it’s getting full or it will spew out.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

3. Member
    I thought I was going crazy with trying to fill mine up. I have to babysit it the whole time or it stops even upside down going slow.

4. Member
    After having issues the first few times I removed the vent and blew into it incase any fuel was built up. I turn the nozzle to 10oclock and can go as fast as I want. Maybe I just got lucky?

5. Member
    For most the problem is the vent line is too long and has a low spot in it that collects fuel and prevents venting. Shorten the hose and make sure it doesn’t have a sag it it.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    Mine won't take gas holding the nozzle normal. But upside down and going slow for the first 5-10 seconds then I can open it wide open and fill it.

It seems like letting the tank get low makes it alot worse. If you always keep 15+ gallons in the boat it helps alot too
    The only time I had a real issue was when I got it down below a quarter. I never run the pump more than half speed

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

7. Member
    My son Triton was terrible. My 721 does it as well, not as bad. Nozzle upside down (2 o'clock), until full, then it'll blow. Have to fill carefully. I put 10 gallons in usually before everything, down have to take a lot of time filling that way.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    For most the problem is the vent line is too long and has a low spot in it that collects fuel and prevents venting. Shorten the hose and make sure it doesn’t have a sag it it.
    One would think the boat builder could figure this out.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

9. Member
    Here is a bit of info that might help some of y'all. I had a new fuel tank installed the end of March under warranty. After picking up my boat it would not take fuel, 20 minutes for 10 gallons. So back to the dealer we go. Turns out there is a flapper valve somewhere in the system that has been removed, well my new tank still had it. Friday the tech got soaked with gas due to a pressure build up. Once I get more details I will let y'all know. I should pick up the boat Tuesday.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12