Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    The price is a bit outrageous. You’re paying a few hundred dollars to have someone pre crimp a few connectors on for you, you still have to run the wires and hook everything up yourself.

Makes you think about other potential business opportunities that out there you never would have thought of. Maybe shipping out new reels with line already spooled on for an additional $100?

2. Member
    Yes maybe overpriced but , with 3 units and having blinks and all other types of things going on, interference I had enough and threw the flag in and bought the sea clear system and very happy with it . Everything works like it should with even a clearer screen pictures . You say over priced. Boats are overpriced , with everything that goes along with fishing I feel it's a good quality product.

3. Member
    A few hundred dollars when you’re spending 10k in graphs doesn’t seem outlandish at all. That being said if there’s a better mouse trap out there, then yeah all ears. That sonar pros looks it gets good reviews.

4. Scraps
    I got the one from BassFishinElectronics. It was the wire with a terminal block. I couldn't buy all the parts cheaper myself. I think it made a difference in my image on Lowrance HDS Gen 3s, then got even better with Carbon and the 3n1 ducer. I like the idea of now having a terminal block to add things to. Thinking I don't like is up front I'm still tied into the tiny accessory switch wire at the bow. Just a little piece of wire, but that does create a restriction in the circuit.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    For those of you saying your running 8ga all the way to the bow and directly to the battery, how do you go about connecting the 8ga to the ?14ish ga wire on the power cords supplied by most manufacturers?? I have not seen a step down connector with this wide of gap before. Thanks in advance

6. Member
    I think most people who do it this way run the 8ga to a fused terminal block, that is what I have done.

But you can strip the smaller wire (14+ ga) trice as long and fold it over and twist. That will create a much bigger wire end.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DQM View Post
    But you can strip the smaller wire (14+ ga) trice as long and fold it over and twist. That will create a much bigger wire end.
    ^This. Or even better is to solder the connections and finish with shrink wrap.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by DQM View Post
    I think most people who do it this way run the 8ga to a fused terminal block, that is what I have done.

But,but, isn’t that like crimping a hose pipe?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sala0288 View Post
    For those of you saying your running 8ga all the way to the bow and directly to the battery, how do you go about connecting the 8ga to the ?14ish ga wire on the power cords supplied by most manufacturers?? I have not seen a step down connector with this wide of gap before. Thanks in advance
    Awesome thanks

10. Member
    The other option is use spade connectors. Some will poo poo it, but the male and female spade ends are the same size, regardless of the gauge of the crimp. So you can connect a thin gauge, red, to a thicker gauge, blue or yellow, easy enough.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by sala0288 View Post
    Here is what I did. My graph wires were long enough to run through the console directly to the fuse block. I also have another complete run for the bow graphs and AT2. Its easy to change fuses if need be.
    IMG_3334.JPG

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    This is true and it is fairly easy to make your own harness as well. The ease of installation and effectiveness of the product make it popular.. and now that even some boat manufacturers are installing it as standard equipment means it must work better than not...if the pro guys were not getting the results they were looking for then they wouldn't be using it.

...I have zero doubts that you do...btw, I look at myself in the mirror every day....
    The hard part is running the wiring, not doing a few crimp connections and buying the proper components. With one of these prefab wiring kits, they do the easy part, throw a heavy markup on the product and you do the hard part.

Just saying if it wasn’t a huge profit margin product, why would all of these companies come out of the woodwork doing the same thing as sonar pros?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

13. Member
    I put this in my boat, looked to be a better setup than the sea clear IMO, and cheaper. Heavy wires and a good breaker/switch at the battery. You don’t have to have a Basscat for it to work. You have to add ring terminals to the power wires you are hooking up to it, but that’s easy.

https://basscatstore.com/powercableforgraphs-1.aspx

Visit Great Lakes Skipper and search trolling motor harness

They have a ton of these for a lot less

different size wire and lengths and many with breaker

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/se...+motor+harness
    "The handicapped angler"

15. Member
    I don’t think a lot of people understand the basics of how wiring works which is why these harnesses sell so well. Good for those capitalizing on the opportunity and selling a bunch!
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    I don’t think a lot of people understand the basics of how wiring works which is why these harnesses sell so well. Good for those capitalizing on the opportunity and selling a bunch!
    Pretty much exactly what it is. When I first heard about them I was intrigued and looked them up thinking they must have invented a new type of wire or something for the price. Nope, just pre crimped a few connectors lol.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallie Nation View Post
    Pretty much exactly what it is. When I first heard about them I was intrigued and looked them up thinking they must have invented a new type of wire or something for the price. Nope, just pre crimped a few connectors lol.
    Not only that, they didn’t use great connectors, and the wires aren’t custom fit so you have to deal with slack.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

On Target, and they are touting less noise, which we don’t see a insulating shielding jacket on those harnesses we’ve seen. Their claim is the noise and clarity, and some use a twist connector, with crimps on another. Soldered ends and good connections are important.

Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123