Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've had my fair share of followers....

Beaver as I was too close to his dam / hut

Geese / Ducks looking for a handout

Snake, which creeped me out so I slapped it on the noggin' w/ my rod tip

A boater trying to ID what I was using to catch fish...I finally caved in and asked if I could him. He was an older gent w/ his grandkid and they were strugglin' while I wasn't. I gave them a bag of what I was using and walked them through how to use. When they came back to the ramp an hour or so later, he tried to give me money and told me it changed their day / week as they were there the day prior and only got two bites.

And my favorite...a drift sock. I somehow snagged it with my lower unit while drifting into a cove. Luckily it got shallow and I raised my motor to see it dragging behind us 5-10' back
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

2. Member
    Angry beavers while fishing too close to it's dam. Moved to a safe distance and caught a couple good keepers on some docks I wasn't going to fish. Gave credit to the beavers for showing me the spot.

3. Member
    Had a mink swim out and try to get into the boat. Nephew had to swat the rod tip at it.

Had a hen mallard start to get in the back of the boat before I had to walk to the back and shoe her out.

Had some sort of songbird land on my rod tip while I was fishing a bottom bait super slow.

Had a giant water snake that wouldn't leave us alone until the landing net knocked it unconscious.

Had loons follow baits right up to the boat on the retrieve then hang around within feet of us for extended periods of time.

4. Member
    We even have Great Blue Herons on the beach in Florida. They can snatch a fish out your bucket in a heartbeat as soon as you turn your back.
    Last edited by csurp; 07-15-2021 at 04:52 PM.

5. Member
    Had a mallard hop on my back deck and stay there for over an hour while I fished his cove on Gaston. I finally stopped to have lunch and shared the last bite of my sandwich and some crackers with him. I'm sure others have done the same which is why he was so tame. The next day when I entered his cove he jumped right back into my boat but this time he would tug on my pants leg to get a handout.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4AU View Post
    I’ve had as many as 5 bald eagles follow me around on Guntersville while crappie fishing, I’d feed them the yellow bellied stripe. I’ve had them get the stripe just a few feet from the boat.
    We were fishing way up in Maine and had 1 eagle follow us for a bit ...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Families of ducks follow the boat looking for handouts.
    Same here and at certain lakes I swear one is the same one year after year around the same island. darn near climbs in the bough till I give him some crackers. Animals are pretty smart and adapt to the environment quickly.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    I have a pair of Geese on my pond. When the female is on the nest and until the goslings get big, the male goose with flog the crap out of you if you get anywhere near the nest or the babies. My Grandson still hasn't learned after 2 years. SMH
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    Was fly fishing a remote creek in Yellowstone for dinner. Had three on a stringer and a bear on a hill snort and head my way. Left them on the creek bank and eased out of there. Watched it sit down and eat them. Ended up having canned tamales for my dinner.
    lol. I would have done the same thing.

10. Member
    I love dogs but my partner and I had a big fellow follow us around a couple hundred acre lake all day long. Barked all day. We tried going to other side of lake but this whacky dog would swim across and hound us some more.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnags View Post
    I love dogs but my partner and I had a big fellow follow us around a couple hundred acre lake all day long. Barked all day. We tried going to other side of lake but this whacky dog would swim across and hound us some more.
    Dang old Hounddog !

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Same here and at certain lakes I swear one is the same one year after year around the same island. darn near climbs in the bough till I give him some crackers. Animals are pretty smart and adapt to the environment quickly.
    In 2002 or 3 my GF and I did an all inclusive in Mexico. The whole week we were there people would line up on the docks and watch something. We laughed at them like fools because we were busy being glutens on the beach inhaling free beverage's and indulging on the non stop buffets. Last day we went for a walk and ended up on the docks. The water around the dock was loaded with tropical fish in their natural environment. Cool as h to see. At the end of the docks the big event was that when the fishing boats came in they would stomp on the docks to lure the sea turtles in and feed them pieces of bait or bycatch. Guess we were the fools that trip.

A big gator on Eufaula a few years ago.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

14. Banned
    Does BFL guys while on Oneida count?

Must be a democrat....
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLg...p5PdhSA9Dw9cRA

02 Triton TR 18
    02 Evinrude 150
    Garmin Striker Plus 9SV

Quote Originally Posted by BG12 View Post
    Must be a democrat....

Quote Originally Posted by BG12 View Post
    Must be a democrat....
    You sir just posted a waste of a response...it will get deleted soon enough.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

18. Member
    Black bears while fly fishing for salmon in Alaska.100_0637.JPG
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Black bears while fly fishing for salmon in Alaska.100_0637.JPG
    Look where that Bear put that guys rifle

20. Member
    Long ago I had an disgruntled ex girl friend that I could not shake and she may or may not have smelled a bit fishy..............
    ​WHY ASK WHY?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123