Element 9hv for a Newbie

Hey guys. I’m relatively new to bass fishing and new to the sonar game. I’ve been looking and comparing different units and brands for what seems like forever. I think I have narrowed it down to a Raymarine element 9hv. Would this be a good unit to start out with? Possibly going with 2 units, one at the console and one up front. Just looking for some feedback or other options without breaking the bank. Thanks for all your help.

2. Member
    Its a good unit to start out with.

I like to fine-tune mine most of the time, but it works well in Auto mode.

No touchscreen on it, though.

3. Member
    I have two Elements. The problem is, you cannot share info with each other as they are stand alone units. I love mine and for me fit the bill for now. Good luck with your Elements if you decide to get them!

4. Member
    I called and spoke with someone at raymarine and the person I spoke said that it was possible to link the two to share waypoints and such. I didn’t fully understand how the connection was made, but that was one of my concerns. Anyway, I’ve ordered one and am going to try it out. We’ll see how it goes.

5. Member
    When you find out how, Please let me know to do it. Raymarine told me just the opposite of what they told you?

6. Member
    Will do. I just got everything in today so hopefully I can get everything mounted and start playing with it this weekend. I’m going to call again and ask and make sure the person I spoke with was correct

7. Member
    You can share waypoints if networked through Stng
    Can’t network with Raynet cables
    Can’t share maps or transducers

I love the Element, if you’re OK with an Escalade that has cloth seats and manual windows and locks. ��

8. Member
    Well, I look at it this way. For me as a beginning bass fisherman, it should do all I need it to do for now. I’m not a good enough fisherman to justify all the bells and whistles on the market. It doesn’t matter if it shows me every fish in the water, I’m still going to struggle catching them. Lol

9. Member
    You will really like your new Element! Easy to operate and images are awesome! Good luck and keep us posted!