Thread: Ghost props

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    90 bucks for a trolling motor prop? We all are on the wrong end of this business.

They cut grass well, but I find them not very balanced at higher speeds, ie 6+... they induce some vibrations which you can feel at your feet and visibly see the bow gimbal mounts vibrating back and forth. I've got 3 of them, they all do it. :(. I actually have the stock prop back on now b/c I was testing/comparing. I'll likely put the Aquatech back on soon though for summer. Reality is I just don't go above 4 or 5 most of the time... but when I do want to book down the creek aways or across etc it will definitely start shaking...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 05-30-2023 at 08:36 AM.

3. Member
    How are you guys breaking props? Serious question here???

I wasn't paying attention 2 weeks ago up in northern MN on lake Vermillion and ran the ghost right into a rock running at like power 6. It stopped the trolling motor after I heard the blades hit the rock, but no breaks or chips, just some scuffs on my 3 in 1 ducer and scuffs in the blades. I thought for sure I blew the blades off that thing lol. I guess I got lucky.
    NPAA #803

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach440 View Post
    How are you guys breaking props? Serious question here???

I wasn't paying attention 2 weeks ago up in northern MN on lake Vermillion and ran the ghost right into a rock running at like power 6. It stopped the trolling motor after I heard the blades hit the rock, but no breaks or chips, just some scuffs on my 3 in 1 ducer and scuffs in the blades. I thought for sure I blew the blades off that thing lol. I guess I got lucky.
    The blades are relatively tough, but the tips are thin. I broke the tips off of two props by just barely hitting the bottom made of rock. The tips are the delicate part.

Since then I have learned and I pay more attention and it hasn't happened for more than a year now.

BTW, I also learned you can repair the tips by using JB Weld Epoxy Putty. Just use the putty to reshape the tips and file and sand them, and then paint the tips. Works great so that now my old props are my spares. Use one recently and it performed well.

Prop Repair.jpg
    ciao,
    Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12