2014 RT188 warranty for internal welds???? Please Help.

Not looking good for my boat. It cracked last year, and it was repaired on the exterior two times by a local welder, which was approved by Ranger. Third time it cracked it went back to Ranger. They added bracing in the front, so much that you can feel the bulge on the bottom. Well it cracked again this year. We had it welded locally again by same Ranger approved welder. Next trip out a weld from the previous year cracked. Ranger is now saying Decision is to return as a non warranty appeasement, one time only, to make boat water tight. They said my internal weld warranty expired April of 2020 which was for 7 years, although they repaired it July 2020. I cannot find this warranty anywhere nor can my dealer. Has anyone ever seen this or have a copy of it. I believe this is completely wrong of Ranger.

Thanks,
    Arlis Boggs
    2022 Lund Pro V Bass 1875
    Mercury 200 Fourstroke Pro XS
    Hummingbird Helix 12 Console & Bow

2. Member
    Feel your pain Brother and hope you get it straightened out ! I feel the same way you do about how Ranger so called warranty has been screwing their customers over ... every time I post on this matter the post gets pulled ( as I figure this one will )

Truly wish I had a solution for you

This is from my 2014 owners manual.
    This was my first time to read it and I was surprised to learn that internal welds are only 5 years. I guess I can see that but seems to me that If the failed weld causes a leak, it should be considered a hull failure.
    My hull was replaced in 2016 but it was because of a crack in the aluminum substrate. There were no welds involved.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Thanks Bill for the information. Not a good situation at all. I would say a lot of owners are not aware of this.

You're right, this is a bummer.

Did I read this right, Ranger said return the boat to them and they'll make it water tight one more time as an accomodation? Hopefully they'll get it right this time.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

6. Member
    IMO Ranger should make it right unless they can prove the hull was abused.

7. Member
    That is correct, and now I have to sign a letter stating I will not bring any legal, equitable or administrative proceedings against White River Marine Group. This is a last ditch effort to fix the boat since the internal warranty has expired. Although, they repaired the boat three months after the warranty expired last year according to White River.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfd455 View Post
    That is correct, and now I have to sign a letter stating I will not bring any legal, equitable or administrative proceedings against White River Marine Group. This is a last ditch effort to fix the boat since the internal warranty has expired. Although, they repaired the boat three months after the warranty expired last year according to White River.
    Do not sign that with out a lawyer that deals with Lemon Laws and warranty laws okay!

Could be enough people out there to build a class action lawsuit on these issues.

9. Member
    I’ve had my Triton fixed twice for minor transom cracks(less than an inch). Mostly to be proactive. I did not go through Triton though. My insurance paid for one repair because I clipped a rock with the skeg at speed.
    As much as we want these boats to be similar to fiberglass they are not. They are great fishing boats, but won’t take a lot of abuse. They are not meant to skip across waves while at speed the aluminum just doesn’t flex enough. They will always give at the weakest point which is the welds.

10. Member
    Was it under warranty the first time they tried to fix it?

11. Member
    Yes, they fixed it without question.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfd455 View Post
    Yes, they fixed it without question.
    But was it within the 5-year written warranty? If so, I’d use that as leverage. They still haven’t properly fixed the issue that cropped up while it was still under warranty.

If the first time it was repaired it was already out of warranty, I think you have a tougher battle that relies on their good will.

13. Member
    Watch a couple gatortrax you tube videos he will explain your weak boats structure and why he repaired them all his life and now builds a boat structurally strong ,