Question 2000 90 HP 2 stroke leaking oil

I have a very small leak around rubber grommet for low oil sensor on reservoir. Any ideas how to stop this? I only see option to purchase whole unit and not just the rubber grommet.

21 XD 225 Merc

2. Member
    I had that issue a couple of years ago. I cinched a cable tie around the rubber base and it hasn’t leaked since.

I had this exact problem over the winter. Went to a local parts store and matched up a couple o rings that fit around the sending unit where it pushes down in the tank. Fixed my problem for a lot less than buying a whole new unit.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Altro Cat View Post
    I had this exact problem over the winter. Went to a local parts store and matched up a couple o rings that fit around the sending unit where it pushes down in the tank. Fixed my problem for a lot less than buying a whole new unit.
    Are you using the O rings as clamps to help the cap make a better seal? Or are they under the cap? If so, I like it.

Under the cap

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Altro Cat View Post
    Do you remember removing old ones. Seem impossible to remove looks like 2 different sizes.

21 XD 225 Merc

7. Member
    Update-Installed O ring below worn out one stoped the leak

21 XD 225 Merc