2017 Z518 pedestal base sleeve replacement

Hello all I’m new to the forums and found you all by searching topics on Google. A lot of you are extre knowledgeable on many of the questions I’ve had. I was hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction on where to order the replacement sleeves for my pedestal bases & which ones I need. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for letting me in to the forums.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You can call Ranger Parts [800-724-7273] or any Ranger dealer. Dealers are often quicker to reach by phone, typically carry that part [called a pedestal bushing] in stock, and often will put it in transit to you on the same day. And of course, if you have a dealer within driving distance of you, you could have the part in your hands within hours. My own dealer, Knox Marine in Fredericktown, Ohio, carries those bushings all the time and is quick to ship, although a couple days farther in shipping to the west coast. All you need to order the bushing kit is the serial number of your boat.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thank you sir (jc2bg ����) I appreciate the input very much. I’ll try the dealer near me first.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Another tip or two, Corbin, just in case:

The easiest way to remove the old bushing is to use a hammer and flat blade screwdriver [or small chisel] to cut it out. Start by cutting a groove all the way down in one spot, then cut a similar groove 3/4” to the side of the first. Lift out the piece that is now loose. You should/might be able to gain enough play by cutting out one piece to get a firm grip on the remainder and remove all at once. If not, cut and remove another piece, etc. It’s a good idea on rear deck bushings to lay a towel underneath to catch stray fragments, so they don’t end up in a bilge pump.

Also, pretty much the only way/s that seat bushings get cracked in a fairly new boat [like yours] is from stress or pressure. One way this develops is a full-grown adult rocking backward while sitting or leaning. A more common issue, I have found, is trailering with the seats installed. Those seats are heavy and produce substantial wind resistance. Of course, anything made by humans can be imperfect and fail, but trailering with seats installed will shorten the life of the pedestal bushings…unless of course the seats are somehow secured against movement.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Another tip or two, Corbin, just in case:

The easiest way to remove the old bushing is to use a hammer and flat blade screwdriver [or small chisel] to cut it out. Start by cutting a groove all the way down in one spot, then cut a similar groove 3/4” to the side of the first. Lift out the piece that is now loose. You should/might be able to gain enough play by cutting out one piece to get a firm grip on the remainder and remove all at once. If not, cut and remove another piece, etc. It’s a good idea on rear deck bushings to lay a towel underneath to catch stray fragments, so they don’t end up in a bilge pump.

Also, pretty much the only way/s that seat bushings get cracked in a fairly new boat [like yours] is from stress or pressure. One way this develops is a full-grown adult rocking backward while sitting or leaning. A more common issue, I have found, is trailering with the seats installed. Those seats are heavy and produce substantial wind resistance. Of course, anything made by humans can be imperfect and fail, but trailering with seats installed will shorten the life of the pedestal bushings…unless of course the seats are somehow secured against movement.
    great info. I think I’ll start taking mine down during travel. They’re definitely pretty worn. Thanks for all of your help I really appreciate your input.

Just ordered 2 kits from Ranger today, all I needed was the inter plastic ring the part that the locking clip catches against. They come in a kit, 2 were around 100 bucks.
    Ranger
    2016 Z119c DC
    225 OptiMax Pro XS
    Lowrance Ghost TM