Charging a Ranger 363v

Boaters and Anglers, I keep my boat at a marina and want to know how often I need to ask them to charge it given that I haven't gone out in a week. Should I have them charge it again if I went out 6 days ago or so? What is the threshold for amount of days that can go by without having to charge it again. New boat owner so go easy on me. The engine is a Mercury XR-4 150 HP.

2. Member
    If you are talking about a starting battery, you should be good for a few trips. However, it is wise to charge all your batteries as soon as you come off the water. If you do this, you should be good to go for 3, maybe 4 weeks. In any case, it is good practice to have them “top-off” the batteries with a quick charge the day before you go out again. Depending on your boats set-up, there could be a small drain on your batteries as it sits.

3. Member
    Well the way that it works is that the marina does it all and I can't really do anything on my end, so I'm just trying not to be a pain having them charge it 4 times a week but obviously got to have everything charged when I want to use it. So that's why I'm trying to see how long I can go with out risking getting stranded.

4. Member
    I understand. Your cranking battery is charged by the outboard and will generally stay charged during use. I recently purchased the Noco Genius 40 to keep with me in case the motor does drain while out. It’s on sale right now on amazon prime for $65. Would be a good investment. You can also put jumper cables in the boat and jump your starting battery with your trolling motor battery in an emergency… but the Noco is the way to go.

If you are putting the marina on a schedule for the starting battery, once a month should suffice. Your trolling motor batteries need charged every time you go out if you fish regularly.

5. Member
    Awesome thank you! Will definitely be looking into that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    If you are talking about a starting battery, you should be good for a few trips. However, it is wise to charge all your batteries as soon as you come off the water. If you do this, you should be good to go for 3, maybe 4 weeks. In any case, it is good practice to have them “top-off” the batteries with a quick charge the day before you go out again. Depending on your boats set-up, there could be a small drain on your batteries as it sits.
    this ^^^

7. Member
    Mine stay plugged in all the time. Modern chargers go into maintenance mode once batteries are charged.