Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up 5/28/22 UPDATE - NEW Daiwa Steez AGS Compile-X Rods IN STOCK @ The Tackle Trap!

5/28/22 UPDATE - FINALLY - a solid re-stock of Steez AGS rods has landed. ALL models are back in stock INCLUDING the elusive 76MML.

The new Daiwa Steez AGS Compile-X rods are now IN STOCK at The Tackle Trap! We were proud to introduce this impressive new series of 10 casting and 3 spinning models at the 21 Bassmaster Classic.

These are stunning rods to see in person, they are light, sensitive, and a joy to fish. Check them out at the links in blue below and enjoy the photos, thanks guys!

2021 Daiwa Steez AGS Compile-X Casting Rods
    2021 Daiwa Steez AGS Compile-X Spinning Rods

Last edited by Bronzefly; 05-28-2022 at 01:39 PM.

2. Member
    What do you suppose is application of the 6’ 9” medium universal light rod? Jerkbaits?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    What do you suppose is application of the 6’ 9” medium universal light rod? Jerkbaits?
    Jerk baits, yes indeed. I've thrown a Vision 110, +1 JR, and others. I've fished the new Evergreen SB 77.7, flukes, shaky heads, shallow cranks, wacky Senko, and on and on. It is a very versatile rod as are most all of the new generation Steez rods.

4. Member
    Are those AGS guides more stable now rather than fragile as they were once known?

Quote Originally Posted by eddie101 View Post
    Are those AGS guides more stable now rather than fragile as they were once known?
    I've been fishing these new Steez rods in prototype phases since last year, and other Steez and Tatula AGS rods for years. I have yet to have a single AGS guide failure that wasn't my fault. The carbon fiber isn't as forgiving to being stepped on as a metal ringed guide, granted. I've never considered them fragile because they are extremely rigid and strong. Steez AGS owners are generally aware that these guides are high end, carbon fiber, extremely light weight, and need to be cared for just like any other high end piece of equipment.

6. Member
    Must.. not.. buy.. more.. rods.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Must.. not.. buy.. more.. rods.
    Do it, we need a detailed review haha

8. Member
    That medium spinning looks very interesting!

9. Member
    Bought the 7'1" medium this morning from the trap ... hopefully It was still in stock like it said and I get it soon.. super stoked
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie101 View Post
    on the casting models I have the new versions has double foot guides for the first 3

I think the originals had only 1 double foot.

I have and have had a lot of the Ags rods

I haven’t had any issues with them

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post

I have and have had a lot of the Ags rods

I haven’t had any issues with them
    +1, I also have and had a lot of AGS steez rods, never had an issue guide wise. I fish them hard but I don't step on my rods, throw them on the deck, jam them into rod rockers or high stick when boat flipping.

I'd be interested in finding out more how the Sensor is with the megatop. I have the prior gen AGS megatop ML spin rod, awesome rod.
    2013 Ranger Z521 | 250 Merc Pro XS

What is the "Compile"
    What were the changes in the Spinning.?

Pretty interested in the 7-1 ML probably in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    What is the "Compile"
    What were the changes in the Spinning.?
    21 Steez AGS feature an entirely new blank, aesthetic, and reel seat. They are a completely different rod than the previous generation Steez AGS blue model. Compile-X refers to the "SVF Compile-X" Super Volume Fiber and nanotech materials used in the blanks of the new 21 Steez AGS models.

Quote Originally Posted by DC516 View Post
    I'd be interested in finding out more how the Sensor is with the megatop. I have the prior gen AGS megatop ML spin rod, awesome rod.
    Megatop was a solid carbon tip that was very durable yet far less sensitive than the new "SMT" featured on the new 21 Steez AGS "Sensor" model. SMT is a "Super Metal Top" solid titanium tip which greatly amplifies vibration transmission. It is a very sensitive rod focused on lighter bottom contact presentations first and foremost. I've used this rod for those applications, as well as fluke type baits, Senko, and even jerk baits with success.

14. Member
    How will I know if my order made it in before they sold out and went to preorder .. it said available when I ordered lol
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by NRXfever View Post
    How will I know if my order made it in before they sold out and went to preorder .. it said available when I ordered lol
    I'd suggest that you log into your account at The Tackle Trap. There you can find your order status, tracking information, etc. Thanks for the order!

16. Member
    Hmm I love my BLX rods, but these have me seriously thinking hard picking a couple up to try.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I'd suggest that you log into your account at The Tackle Trap. There you can find your order status, tracking information, etc. Thanks for the order!
    Thanks Gary yeah I forgot I set one up lol... I always do the express checkout
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

18. Member
    How different are the actions of the Universal Light and the Moving Bait Versatile? Is the Universal Light just a bit shorter, or is it a totally different feel?

Quote Originally Posted by phishHunter1 View Post
    How different are the actions of the Universal Light and the Moving Bait Versatile? Is the Universal Light just a bit shorter, or is it a totally different feel?
    The 69M Universal Light is a little lighter in power than the 72M Moving Bait Versatile. Despite being listed as fast action, I'd consider them to be a shade more moderate than a true "fast" which is why they are both so incredibly versatile. I've thrown jerk baits, top waters, shallow cranks, light shaky heads, wacky worms, a drop shot, and more on the 69M. The 72M is a fantastic swim jig rod, I've thrown a DT-10, square bill, 3/8 oz spinner bait and jack hammer, jerk baits, top water, etc.

20. Member
    Got mine the other day and I have to say it is not as light as I expected, however it is a beautiful and very very sensitive rod ... weight isn't bad either just kinda expected a little lighter
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast