Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heard yesterday -

Soon. Anchor Marine on the Upper Chesapeake Bay is raising launch fees to $20. Between there and north Jersey, it will pay tp move to a southern state where there are lots of free ramps.

2. Member
    July 10 th goes to $20

wont stop anyone, where else are you Jersey and PA guys going to fish before June 15.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    wont stop anyone, where else are you Jersey and PA guys going to fish before June 15.
    Not Anchor

anyone know why the cost doubled?

6. Member
    When you control the ramp in that area you have a captive audience and can be a dick and do what you want.

7. Member
    Happening all over. The Bohemia ramps shot up to 20 several years ago, when all were owned by one person.

Don't blame the private ramps for charging what they can get. Blame the Goberment for not providing plenty of water access as they are required by law, I think this one. https://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/FASPORT.HTML
    We have one state park ramp on the Susky and it's been a disaster for 15 years. There are no goberment provided ramps on the NE river. There is one state ramp on the Elk river an no county that I am aware of. There is no goberment ramp on the Sass that I am aware of. There are two small county ramps on the Bush river and one don't open until 8:00 am.
    There is one county and one state ramp on the Gunpowder and the state ramp sucks.
    If we all just bitch about the private guy charging too much we will never get anywhere. As a group, we can possibly get our Goberment to repair and or add ramps. The money is there, it just gets spent on other stuff.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I'm not sure that I have an issue with paying the $20, does it suck, yeah. Anchor hasn't raised prices since 2009, look at the cost of everything else in that time frame.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Is the ramp still in need of repair? Maybe they will fix the concrete up a bit. Otherwise they are very accommodating to anglers.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Is the ramp still in need of repair? Maybe they will fix the concrete up a bit. Otherwise they are very accommodating to anglers.
    The ramp seems to be in fine shape to me.

12. Member
    Rumor has it they purchased the old marina/basin adjacent to NEYC and are going to put in a new upgraded launch facilty. That would cost serious dolares...

13. Member
    I dont think a lncreased ramp fee would but a small dent in what it going to take to bring that site to use.

Quote Originally Posted by thebentpole View Post
    Rumor has it they purchased the old marina/basin adjacent to NEYC and are going to put in a new upgraded launch facilty. That would cost serious dolares...
    Anchor bought the old abandoned marina next to the Yacht Club. They are in process of getting permits, installing 4 launch ramps and 100 boat slips.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSCAT7 View Post
    Anchor bought the old abandoned marina next to the Yacht Club. They are in process of getting permits, installing 4 launch ramps and 100 boat slips.
    That would be awesome.

16. Member
    If you know you know but NO that would not be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kgabriele1114 View Post
    If you know you know but NO that would not be awesome!
    x2
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

18. Scraps
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

19. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    My problem with the $20 ramp fee is this.....I am paying a premium fee to launch, and yet....The last 3 times there I had to move tons of debris to use the ramp both in AND out when they have the equipment to move it but they rarely do. Keep your ramp clear all the time!! Not just when you want to use it to work on a boat.....I am sure the new launch facility will be $20 and ran the same way with same owner.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

20. Member
    Careful what you say RiverRat....Ol Froggy might not allow you to launch at his fine facility anymore
    Last edited by RiverRatMD; 11-28-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast