Does the 188vs Ranger recessed tray fit the ghost pedal

I called Ranger to find out if my boat had the recessed tray roughed in under the carpet and it doesn't, so I'm debating getting the Ranger factory recessed tray. I will be upgrading to the Lowrance ghost so I wanted to know if the ghost foot pedal assembly fits into the ranger factory recessed tray. Or, should I go with a different manufacturers recessed tray?
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

I dont think ranger makes a well for you to "drop in" (i could be wrong). They build it into the deck. When you cut the deck for the ranger installed tray you need to order the trim ring to finish what ranger installed. What year is your 188?
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    Oh ok. I thought they did. I've heard of the trim ring kit so I guess it's just a bezel that goes around the perimiter of the ranger factory built in tray? Mine is a 2007.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmada View Post
    Oh ok. I thought they did. I've heard of the trim ring kit so I guess it's just a bezel that goes around the perimiter of the ranger factory built in tray? Mine is a 2007.
    That is correct. If its a 2007 it might have it. I think ranger started putting them in around 2006 model year vx/vs series boats. But if you called Ranger you have your answer. I guess you need to look at aftermarket trays.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. Member
    My 2006 188 had it under the carpet.

6. Member
    My 2007 had it so I had them cut the deck and install the trim ring. Stick your head in upside down in the very front compartment, if you see this then the recess is there.

20210418_161558.jpg

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    My 2007 had it so I had them cut the deck and install the trim ring. Stick your head in upside down in the very front compartment, if you see this then the recess is there.

20210418_161558.jpg
    Thanks for showing me. I don't store the boat at my house so I'll go check this weekend. I have a feeling I don't but its worth checking just in case.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmada View Post
    Thanks for showing me. I don't store the boat at my house so I'll go check this weekend. I have a feeling I don't but its worth checking just in case.
    20170819_190633.jpg
    20180511_133053.jpg