Question 2007 Merc Optimax 150, Bogs and shuts off right after startup!

Hey y'all hoping for some help with diagnosis. Was running during practice on the potomac and my 2007 merc optimax bogged out of no where so I got it off pad and it shut off. Now when I start it it'll bog for a few seconds then shut off, If I can get it to run it wont go over 2000 rpm without bogging then shutting off again. I checked the valves on the fuel rail and the air valve is spewing gas! I changed the tracker valve and still have the same issue. Anybody gone through something similar and know what might be going on? Thank you

2. Member
    Have you pulled the fuel diaphragm and checked that?

3. Member
    Yes thats what I changed out, meant that when I said tracker valve, sorry for the confusion.

4. Member
    I'd post in the mercury 2.5L forum, some guys on there should be able to point you in the right direction.

5. Member
    Check your compressor. And yes post on the Merc boards lots of good help over there.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bohowland564 View Post
    Hey y'all hoping for some help with diagnosis. Was running during practice on the potomac and my 2007 merc optimax bogged out of no where so I got it off pad and it shut off. Now when I start it it'll bog for a few seconds then shut off, If I can get it to run it wont go over 2000 rpm without bogging then shutting off again. I checked the valves on the fuel rail and the air valve is spewing gas! I changed the tracker valve and still have the same issue. Anybody gone through something similar and know what might be going on? Thank you
    Might want to first check out your low pressure fuel pump. Sounds like either the pump died or maybe even just a blown fuse.