Mounting Hack f/ Active Image transducer on Xi5

The Active Image transducer cannot mount to the trolling motor shaft of a Motorguide Xi5 preventing use of the mount that allows quick change between scout, down and front perspective. I found a cheap way to make it work. I bought a porch flag pole mount and strapped it to the motor. You need one that has open slots in the base for hose clamps. I think it cost me $10 or so. The post is the perfect size for the transducer mount. It even allows adjustment of the angle of the mount post. Hope this helps someone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matthew 4:19 - "Come, follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

2. Member
    Good luck trying to aim the Active Target transducer with the Xi5 foot control. Aiming with the remote - maybe.

3. Member
    Lol. So true
    Matthew 4:19 - "Come, follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

4. Member
    So with a flag pole mount strapped you get the same functionally and can easily switch between the 3 modes like on the shaft attachment? I found your post by googling XI5. Crazy since Lowrance owns motor guide or vice versa they would make their products more compatible in the mounting arena.

5. Member
    Well I tried your hack. I haven't had it on the water. I think it will work. I had to do some modifications to the flag pole mount by filing off the area where you would tighten the flag in the pole. I may do some more mods on make the base slightly shorter on the foot. I will add some small rubber washers to ease some stress on the plastic edges of the mount.

But it was a cheap mod. I know others have other poles, but this boat does double duty in salt water and lake water.

FYI the second photo stowed, I just adjusted the transducer so the face would point forward while trailering.

Thank you for the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images