USA Gen 3 SOLIX system vs gen 2

I have a 15 at the console with a 10 and 12 on the bow (all gen 3)and mega 360. I love the system and it works flawlessly! My last boat had gen 2 Solixs and it was good as well once I figured out turning off global settings on views I use. Thanks Michangler! The gen 3 units definitely do things faster.

I do notice sound coming from all 3 units. It’s very similar to cooling fan noise in a laptop. It’s in all 3 units. Anyon else notice this??? Possibly the new processor/dual chip thingee.

best electronics set up I’ve ever had, simply curious about the background noise.

2. Member
    If it's a fan you should fell some warm air coming out somewhere.
    Air doesn't cool to well inside a closed system, unless it's air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    If it's a fan you should fell some warm air coming out somewhere.
    Air doesn't cool to well inside a closed system, unless it's air conditioning
    There is no vent, the cabinet is waterproof. Yes the G3's have a fan, that dual processor thingy is why it was added.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks guys for the response! My humminbird rep buddy sat that’s what it is. The internal cpu heat sink fan. Wayne your way ahead of all of us!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaCat View Post
    Thanks guys for the response! My humminbird rep buddy sat that’s what it is. The internal cpu heat sink fan. Wayne your way ahead of all of us!
    My Solix 10 G3 gets very hot, but it worked fine so far this year. Have you noticed the temp of the cabinet on yours?

6. Member
    I think that my gen 3 units stay cooler than gen 2 did. I also turn the backlight down to 8 rather than 10 to save power which I’m thinking also reduces the heat. The gen 3 just seem to run smoother and cooler.