Rebel pop r. Never seen a bottom lip this big? And another lure ID.

Found these both in an antique store. Started sanding it down then stopped as I was puzzled at its lip as I was sharpening it. Was this a real old one?
    FA121F6E-FE08-49B5-928C-D4487C9631B5.jpeg

Also picked up this other one. Has the markings of a rebel and a rattle. But the body shape is off a little. Any guess on what brand this one below is.
    949DAACE-6783-4DD0-964A-19AD95D597CD.jpeg
    92 492vs. 92 Suzuki 225 EFI

2. Member
    Baits that have been around forever have different versions over the years I think...

I love a baby torpedo... but, some float level, some float nose high like a spook... I don’t understand it..

Bottom one a one knocker? If so its a p70.. they were going for $50, not sure now. P70s float tail down. s for the top one, go ahead and fish it now that you sanded and screwed it up.

4. Member
    IMO, top one is older than the typical older PopR’s like P70’s people hunt for.

Bottom one, and again JMHO, I’m not sure that’s a Rebel. There were other companies that made lures very similar to Rebels, I think this is one of those knockoffs.

The bottom one looks like a Thumper I've had since the late 80s/early 90s. The Pop R looks like a couple I still have somewhere.

(606)305-1956

6. Member
    Top one is an older (1960s) Pop-R that was more like a Chugger like a Lucky 13. I would not have sanded it. I have two in that style. Bottom one may be a Windcheater.

7. Member

8. Member
    ^that is probably the top one, but also Japan made several copies like that as well, so it could be on one of those. If it is a japan copy, it will be marked with a black stamp around the tail "Japan" if not, then it's rebel. They aren't worth what the above listing is asking though, or at least didn't used to be.

The second lure is a Norman popper. I don't know for sure what the model was called, but they made the Rat-lur, which was a walking bait, and that one is the popper equivalent basically, kind of like the spit'n image and pop'n image. Hope this info helps.