Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any room for me?

I sold my Ranger when I found out I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in early March at age 55. I had to forego my 2021 tournament season and it has been quite a battle. I am going through chemo for 18 weeks. I tried to find a used boat... nothing suited. A lot of soul searching, prayer, and research has led me to BCB. I have placed an order for a new Eyra. I did this to have something to look forward to over the next 18 weeks. This works in perfectly for the build time. I can say that Ricky at Mark Miller, Jack C., and others have made this tough time I'm going through, a lot easier in helping me build this boat, in hope of being back in action in the Fall...with the hope of remission and returning to the scene in 2022. I look forward to representing BassCat as a proud member of your team.

2. Member
    Artdograt- Best of luck going thru the challenges that you are faced with. Can’t wait to see a smiling face during break in! Keep mentally strong and rest your body. What’s your expected delivery date?

Prayers through your situation and look forward to your time on the water.

4. Member
    I just met with my dealer to place the order. I was told I would be able to follow the build process.....but I am in no hurry. I do not have a date of delivery.... I told him as long as I get it late summer or early fall, I will be happy. If it is later....I will still be happy Thx.

5. Member
    Thank you sir...I sure am!

6. Member
    Wish you all the best, kick that cancer crap right in the mouth!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Wish you all the best, kick that cancer crap right in the mouth!
    Thank You

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Kick the Big C in the Azz. Looking forward to seeing your smiling face when you get delivery of your new boat.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

9. Member
    Prayers for you.. keep a positive attitude throughout the battle. It helps.
    Brad Krone

10. Moderator
    Prayers to you!!!

Glad to hear you are moving forward with a new boat and that it's a Bass Cat! I went through similar experience in 2013/14 as I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer at the age of 44. Chemo and radiation suck, but they do work and you can survive them. There is an older gentleman in my Bible study group who was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer over 20 years ago and he's still kicking...and 77 now!

Prayers for healing and encourage you to stay faithful and positive through your treatment plan. God Bless and welcome to the Bass Cat family!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

12. Member
    Hang in there and stay positive. I went through 8 rounds of intensive chemo 5 years ago. Great doctors, nurses and my amazing wife got me through it. Some good advice I got was not to try and be too tough. It sounds illogical but as my DIL explained, she tried to tough it out and didn't ask for help with the side effects until she was really sick which made it tougher to treat. She also tried to do too much and got exhausted at times and caught a couple viruses which really set her back. Take it easy, be honest with your doctor and nurses and stay positive.

I also rewarded myself with a new Eyra after my "all clear". I still enjoy the fishing but have a new appreciation for life and what's really important. The friendships and quite times on the water are the real rewards.

Prayers for a complete recovery and welcome to the family.
    I have an Eyra and you will not be disappointed with it or BCB. I wish you the best and hope you have a great fall season with the new boat.

14. Member
    Wow going from a Ranger to an Eyra! You are definitely going to “Feel the Rush!” I went from a Champion to a 2020 Puma and it sure has been fun! I’m sure you’ll love your new BassCat. I hope your treatments go well and you get to drive that new boat soon. I will be praying for you! - Mike

15. Member
    Hope and pray all goes well for you.

16. Member
    Prayers for healing and quick recovery.
    Hoping your jerking fish in the new BCB soon!!!!!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Member
    Thanks for all of the kind words of encouragement. I have faith, and a great team at Vanderbilt. I can tell you that I have used this diagnosis to prioritize things and to realize what matters in my life. If it can help anyone reading this, I went from burning the candle at both ends and setting fire to the middle to being humbled. I have always been a man of faith, but I was also a man that has spent life getting up at 4:30 am and falling into bed at 10 pm everyday. This old Principal and Coach didn't need a major over-haul, I just needed a kick in the pants to let me know how to reset my daily/weekly priorities. I still get up early:) but I have "weeded my garden" of things that didn't deserve free rent, and I have embraced, and given more focus to things that produce good fruit...... Luckily the new EYRA survived the weeding!!!! I look forward to seeing you guys on the water after I get into remission. Much love and prayers to all.

18. Member
    Hope all is well for you.

19. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Prayers for a full recovery. You will be very happy with your new Eyra!
    Last edited by billius; 05-18-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    Prayers to you!!!
    +1
    I BELIEVE!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast