Bad Tracker Valve

SN #2B111025
    Pro XS 175
    Is this normal for the tracker valve to rip around the outside like this? I've had one failure before and it ripped more towards the center. image0.jpeg

2. Member
    has that been changed recently
    ..........................it aint dyin im talkin about its livin ...................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    has that been changed recently
    It was replaced last year this time after the previous one ripped. I noticed some problems with starting my motor throughout the day yesterday so I pulled it when I got home.

4. Member
    that sure looks like instalation problem to me, parts have one year warranty
    ..........................it aint dyin im talkin about its livin ...................

5. Member
    that sure looks like instalation problem to me, parts have one year warranty
    Thanks, I didn't install this one but I do have an extra already that I bought last year after having this problem. I believe I'm just barely over 365 days. Is there a certain technique to install this? It seems pretty straightforward but maybe there's a trick to not damaging it when installing?

6. Member
    i use a lil vaseline in groove to help hold it in place, make sure you get it seated fully all the way around and snug cover evenly/straight down not cockeyed

7. Member
    i use a lil vaseline in groove to help hold it in place, make sure you get it seated fully all the way around and snug cover evenly/straight down not cockeyed
    Thank You Sir!

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The do fail sometimes- as they are cycling at an unbelievably high rate absorbing spikes in pressures. In this case, I'm with Joe... it almost looks like it wasn't properly seated when assembled.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 45 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

^^^^^^ +3
    Thank You Leon Pugh