Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Mine locks with 2-in-1 so this issue goes beyond that

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyTek Marine View Post
    Like Marc mentioned, the issues have been well noted for a few years now and to be quite honest every single one of my customers that inquire to me about one of my TM150 Mounts I let them know about the issue if running a 3in1 and highly recommend that they purchase an AI 2-in-1 instead. This 100% solves the known issue AND makes it so much easier just having the one 2D source anyway and to be perfectly honest...it the superior 2D over the factory 2D, there is no reason to have a 3in1 anyway! I personally just bought another TM150 to go along with my big SS175 (there are times when I am in very northern lakes and I know for a fact I am spooking every fish in the lake with the noise that big 1k transducer puts out!). I run the AI2in1 on one side of my jackplate and now have the an HD 2in1 on the other side. Unfortunately the problem has not been fixed yet but it defiantly is low on the list especially in the last 2 years with most Airmar TM150 owners making the swap to the TM165
    The 2in1 does not solve the problem. It still locks up, the same as with the 3in1. Someone already tested this.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1#post12445085
    Last edited by Joey805; 06-01-2023 at 06:24 PM.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey805 View Post
    The 2in1 does not solve the problem. It still locks up, the same as with the 3in1. Someone already tested this.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1#post12445085
    Works for me and I keep it on 105 all the time and have had zero issues.

4. Member
    Works for me and I keep it on 105 all the time and have had zero issues.
    Interesting info. Others stated they have tried the 2in1 with the TM150 set on 105 and it still locks up. What unit and software version are you running? I just ordered a 2in1 on Amazon to test this. If it works, I will keep it. If it doesn't I will return it. I should have the transducer later today and will report back my findings.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

5. Member
    I purchased a 2in1 on Amazon and tried it out today on my Carbon running software version 23.3. I set my TM150 to custom frequency 105 and the 2in1 instantly locks up on Downscan and SideScan.

Rytek Marine, I'm not sure how you got this to work, but it does not work for me and many others. As soon as I remove the custom frequency setting on the TM150, and set it to Chirp, everything works fine.

I spoke with "glennie" via PM. The reason why his is working is because he is using shared network sonar. He does not have the two transducers both connected to the same unit.

Time to return the 2in1 now...
    Last edited by Joey805; 06-04-2023 at 01:34 AM.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

6. Member
    That could defiantly be the issue as I run it on a sonar hub as I swap out transducers a lot and its the best way for me to swap out transducers while not having to pull all the cables from the helm! I run the latest updates (not last weeks yet as I have not had time to do them on all 4 graphs on the boat. Next time I am on the water I will play with it all and plug it and the 2in1 into my 9" on my transom wall and see what happens.

7. Member
    I use my TM150 and have it on a unit dedicated to mapping and 2D. My 3 in 1 and my shoot thru is on the unit next to it. Mine works fine but we'll see what happens when I turn network sonar back on this weekend.
    NPAA #803

8. Member
    Based on how everyone has these two transducers hooked up, I think it's safe to say that when they are both directly connected to the same unit, you will not be able to run the TM150 in a custom frequency.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

9. Member
    I purchased a 2in1 on Amazon and tried it out today on my Carbon running software version 23.3. I set my TM150 to custom frequency 105 and the 2in1 instantly locks up on Downscan and SideScan.

Rytek Marine, I'm not sure how you got this to work, but it does not work for me and many others. As soon as I remove the custom frequency setting on the TM150, and set it to Chirp, everything works fine.

I spoke with "glennie" via PM. The reason why his is working is because he is using shared network sonar. He does not have the two transducers both connected to the same unit.

Time to return the 2in1 now...

I went down that same road and ended up selling my 2 in 1 also , others said it would work but not on my system setup

I believe I mentioned this before , I ended up going to a TM-165 and im going on my 2nd year with it and i really like this transducer.

I had at one time ran my TM150 on a separate FF in my boat and that would work thru my network but not with both transducers on the same head unit

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishing addiction View Post
    I went down that same road and ended up selling my 2 in 1 also , others said it would work but not on my system setup

I believe I mentioned this before , I ended up going to a TM-165 and im going on my 2nd year with it and i really like this transducer.

I had at one time ran my TM150 on a separate FF in my boat and that would work thru my network but not with both transducers on the same head unit
    Thanks for the info. Are you running the TM165 on chirp or a custom frequency? If chirp, I'd be curious to see if the unit locks up again with it on a custom frequency.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

11. Member
    defiantly zero issues with running the 165 on Custom. I only run it on Custom and have the 165 directly connected to the same 9" I have the 2in1 hooked too

12. Member
    defiantly zero issues with running the 165 on Custom. I only run it on Custom and have the 165 directly connected to the same 9" I have the 2in1 hooked too
    Good to know. I'm pretty invested in the TM150 after I bought the transducer and your mount for it. It would cost me well over $500 to upgrade to the TM165 unless you want to trade in my TM150 bracket for a TM165 bracket?
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

13. Member
    Good to know. I'm pretty invested in the TM150 after I bought the transducer and your mount for it. It would cost me well over $500 to upgrade to the TM165 unless you want to trade in my TM150 bracket for a TM165 bracket?
    I ended up buying a rytek mount when I got my tm165 and still have my tm150 and rytek mount,need to sell that some day

Also after having one of his mounts I would never mount a transducer without one

14. Member
    Its official, after chasing this problem for well over a year with Lowrance, they have decided to not fix it. They have been telling me since April of 2022 that they would fix the issue. That was a huge waste of time!

Received this email from today:

RE: Transducer Issue (CA10740359) CRM:044000011080

Hi Joey,

Apologies for the late response. I was out of the office last week for a bit of vacation time with my family from out of town.
    I always hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that there aren’t any plans by product management, at least for the present, to introduce any software fixes for transducer-related issues. But things are always subject to change, and they may regroup and begin to re-visit items that have been “hanging around “ for a while.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and can only suggest that you check our website from time to time for possible software postings that might address the issue.

Regards,

Crystal

Crystal Smith | Technical Support Supervisor- Fishing Systems & Performance Teams | NAVICO GROUP
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345