Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I run the TM150M with the Navico plug on my LIVE at custom frequency 105 with no problem on the latest software. I also use StructureScan3D on the same LIVE.
    ciao,
    Marc

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I run the TM150M with the Navico plug on my LIVE at custom frequency 105 with no problem on the latest software. I also use StructureScan3D on the same LIVE.
    The functionality issue is with TM150, custom frequencies and 3-in-1 on the same MFD (not SS3D).

3. Member
    I forgot about this post and updated my live and now suffer the lock up, does anyone have 20.0.1 they would be willing to share?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brycer View Post
    I forgot about this post and updated my live and now suffer the lock up, does anyone have 20.0.1 they would be willing to share?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JTj...ew?usp=sharing

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Thank you sir!

6. Member
    Reached out to Lowrance a few more times regarding this issue, and they have not responded back to me. I found the contact info for a manager and emailed her. This is what she replied back with today:

Hi Joey,

Sorry to hear that communication has dropped on that. I know that both Product Management and our software team are aware of the issue and there are plans to address it on an update. The unfortunate part is that I don’t currently have an ETA on when that will happen. We release software updates on an “as needed” basis so there’s no standard timeframe for them to hit the website. At this point and with that in mind, all I could suggest is to use the set up in standard mode (not custom frequency) and keep an eye to the website for the next update.

Regards,

Crystal
    Last edited by Joey805; 09-28-2022 at 06:41 PM.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

Translation - we know it's broke, have no idea how to fix it, and really don't care b/c it's not a Lowrance product... is my take on that response.

We miss you Linda!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Translation - we know it's broke, have no idea how to fix it, and really don't care b/c it's not a Lowrance product... is my take on that response.

We miss you Linda!
    They even sell it right on their website...

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...airmar-tm150m/
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

9. Member
    Does anyone know if this update is dead in the water or is there still hope?

10. Member
    Now that Brunswick owns Navico, no one knows. We did not get Pro Staff webinar this month to get updated information .

11. Member
    Kennybryan has a point....
    With Brunswick comes Brunswick-policies. AN one of those are "if we are to change something, we need to know how many more units we will sell before we take the cost". For Carbon the answer is 0, so I would not expect a fix there, for Live it is probably quite close to 0 as well, for Pro there is still hope.

12. Member
    I am still actively pursuing this issue with Lowrance but probably wasting my time. I have a very long email chain going and they have told me they plan on fixing it, but don't have any idea when. They cannot provide any dates or timelines at all. I honestly don't have alot of hope.

Update 23.3 was just released. I have confirmed that it did NOT fix the issue. I am following up with Lowrance again for next steps.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

13. Member
    Anybody know if the HDS Pro's are also affected by this issue?

14. Member
    HDS Pros are not affected, nor are Lives nor Carbons.

Apparently the problem comes when using the TM150 along side Active Imaging 3in1.

For instance, I can use a custom frequency on my TM150, but I don't use the Active Imaging 3in1 transducer; I use StructureScan3D for side and downscan, and a PD-WBL shooting through the hull for 2D sonar. My setup allows use of custom frequencies on my TM150 regardless if I am using my Pro's or LIVES.
    ciao,
    Marc

15. Member
    Marc, I don’t know how to interpret your post. ^ This entire thread documents problems with the combination of 3-in-1 & TM150 custom frequencies on HDS Carbons and Lives. Nothing to do with SS3D, it’s not part of the equation. For you to chime in and say that Pro’s, Lives and Carbons are unaffected by the issue isn’t helpful. Nor is to insinuate that we should all just change out to an SS3D setup. Downplaying a known, well documented issue is a slap in the face to all who’d like to see it fixed - myself included. I wouldn’t have bought a TM150 had I known I wouldn’t be able to run custom frequencies, as from the experience I had prior to the problematic software update, 105Hz blows everything else out of the water for my use case.

So, I’ll re-ask my question (and re-phrase slightly) - has anybody running an HDS Pro had success with a TM150 and custom frequencies along with either a 3-in-1 or the new Active Imaging HD ducer?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robm_mb View Post
    Marc, I don’t know how to interpret your post. ^ This entire thread documents problems with the combination of 3-in-1 & TM150 custom frequencies on HDS Carbons and Lives. Nothing to do with SS3D, it’s not part of the equation. For you to chime in and say that Pro’s, Lives and Carbons are unaffected by the issue isn’t helpful. Nor is to insinuate that we should all just change out to an SS3D setup. Downplaying a known, well documented issue is a slap in the face to all who’d like to see it fixed - myself included. I wouldn’t have bought a TM150 had I known I wouldn’t be able to run custom frequencies, as from the experience I had prior to the problematic software update, 105Hz blows everything else out of the water for my use case.

So, I’ll re-ask my question (and re-phrase slightly) - has anybody running an HDS Pro had success with a TM150 and custom frequencies along with either a 3-in-1 or the new Active Imaging HD ducer?
    Had you worded your previous post the same way as your re-phrased post, I wouldn't have wasted my time making my post. By not clarifying all the conditions under which this problem occurs, others who do not run an Active Imaging transducer could get the wrong idea and may not buy a Pro because of these posts. In no way have I "insinuated" you or anyone should change your setup to use a SS3D like me. I am clarifying the problem here so that others understand the problem is the conflict between the Active Imaging software and the TM150 when both are used simultaneously.

If you unhook your Active Imaging transducer and run your Carbon, LIVE, or Pro with the TM 150, you can set the custom frequency. If you have 3DSS you don't get the locked StructureScan problem. This clarity helps others who casually stroll into this long discussion and don't take the time to read every post and comprehend what is communicated; and then don't buy a Pro. (But to be clear, I am not insinuating you should deal with the problem by unhooking your Active Imaging transducer).

I have participated in this discussion since the beginning, before the problem was clearly identified so that the software engineers can isolate the problem and fix it. I have reported this situation to many Lowrance staff at high levels through each iteration of HDS since the Carbon to support the OP (and others like yourself). In no way have I dismissed the problem or excused Lowrance for not fixing the problem.

I get being upset and needing this issue resolved. I am trying to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. All I did was clarify when the problem occurs so others in a different configuration (those who don't use Active Imaging transducers) don't make a wrong decision.
    ciao,
    Marc

17. Member
    My guess is this issue is happening on the Carbon, Live and Pro units because they all use the same 23.3 software? However I cannot be 100% it happens on the Pro without testing it, but someone already tested it on the Live with the same results and I own Carbons. Lowrance has not been good at responding back to my emails and probably just wants me to go away. I get a response about one in every 3 or 4 that I send. My next step will be to start emailing the Navico senior management team. I reported this issue over a year ago, with no solution STILL.

https://www.navico.com/about-us/leadership.html
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

18. Member
    Just received an email from Lowrance:

Good afternoon, Joey,

Hope you had a great Memorial day weekend. Sorry to hear that the update wasn’t what you needed. As I mentioned in my reply from the 2nd, I said it was possible, but we wouldn’t know exactly what would be in the update until the release notes were sent to us. Unfortunately, it appears that PM has pushed that little item down yet again for reasons known only to them.
    Please understand that I’m in no way being evasive or anything regarding this, it’s just that I have no control over decisions made by other departments, and I have checked the logs where this issue has been filed and it is still on the active list so it’s not a done deal by any means. Priorities can change on a daily basis so the best I can say is that I will try to push this to them again and see what sort of response I get.

Regards,

Crystal
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

19. Member
    Like Marc mentioned, the issues have been well noted for a few years now and to be quite honest every single one of my customers that inquire to me about one of my TM150 Mounts I let them know about the issue if running a 3in1 and highly recommend that they purchase an AI 2-in-1 instead. This 100% solves the known issue AND makes it so much easier just having the one 2D source anyway and to be perfectly honest...it the superior 2D over the factory 2D, there is no reason to have a 3in1 anyway! I personally just bought another TM150 to go along with my big SS175 (there are times when I am in very northern lakes and I know for a fact I am spooking every fish in the lake with the noise that big 1k transducer puts out!). I run the AI2in1 on one side of my jackplate and now have the an HD 2in1 on the other side. Unfortunately the problem has not been fixed yet but it defiantly is low on the list especially in the last 2 years with most Airmar TM150 owners making the swap to the TM165

20. Member
    The 2-in-1 was my workaround too. Having a 3-in-1 prior resulted in a bunch of incompatible frequencies being listed as options for the TM150M.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast