Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey805 View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old post but I am getting the exact same issue when running 22.1 on my carbon with a 3 in 1 / TM150. When I run the TM150 at 105, my side and down imaging are frozen on the 3 in 1. Anyone have any updates on this? Is Lowrance aware of the issue? Is the permanent fix to buy a 2 in 1 and get rid of the 3 in 1?
    That is one solution, another should be to turn of channel 2.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    That is one solution, another should be to turn of channel 2.
    I was reading on another forum about a guy who had the same issue and bought the 2 in 1 for $250 and it did not fix the issue. I would hate to blow this money if it doesn't work.

Lowrance should really just fix the problem in the software.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

3. Member
    Can anybody share the 20.0.1? I don't have that one any more. I hope that will allow me to use my TM150.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishing addiction View Post
    No expert but last year i ended up plugging in my TM150 in another live unit and it worked, but didn't really like this setup as sometimes i don't use the other fish finder and got tired of always having to turn it on so i could use both transducers

This year over the winter i replaced the 3 in 1 with a 2 in 1
    Thanks for the reply on this. So after you replaced the 3 in 1 with a 2 in 1, you can run the latest version 22.1 and use TM150 on 105 with no more freezing up on downscan or sidescan?
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Not doubting you at all. As I stated, i have not trieda custom setting yet. I hope to try this on Saturday to confirm the issue on my units. I will relay this info to Lowrance. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Well after installing my 2n1 I never checked it until after reading what you posted

I have the 20.3 update installed on my Live unit and after checking if i could use down/side scan with a custom setting of 105 and it does not work, this really sucks

sorry i quoted the wrong person

6. Member
    Well after installing my 2n1 I never checked it until after reading what you posted

I have the 20.3 update installed on my Live unit and after checking if i could use down/side scan with a custom setting of 105 and it does not work, this really sucks

sorry i quoted the wrong person
    That sucks that your unit does also lock up when when using the 2 in 1. Maybe try installing the 22.1 update? That will probably lock up as well but worth a shot?

Yesterday I contacted Lowrance Support and opened a case about this. They said they have never heard of the issue before. They advised me to stop the sonar on the 3 in 1 and it should fix the issue. I tried this but stopping the sonar on the 3 in 1 stops everything, not just 2D. I have reported back to them and am awaiting next steps.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

7. Member
    Just an update, I still have a case open with Lowrance. I am not getting anywhere with it and their customer service has been terrible so far. They don't respond back to emails or phone calls. I am still calling in on a regular basis and trying to get it escalated. Does anyone have an internal contacts an Lowrance that can help light a fire and get this looked at by the appropriate people? So far, they have told me to just STOP the 2D sonar on this 3 in 1. This will allow me to use just downscan and sidescan on it. Unfortunately this does not work, stopping the 3 in 1, stops everything on it.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

8. Member
    Try turning off Channel 2. Then you essentially have forced the 3in1 to become a 2in1. Probably won't work but a cheap and easy thing to try.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    And just so people using StructureScan3D like me don't think this problem applies to them I will add that I can choose custom frequencies on my TM150M without locking up my StructureScan3D. I do not use the 3in1 Active Imaging transducer except at Ghost nosecone...but wait, maybe that is why my Ghost 360 sometimes locks up and reboots by itself? Will have to test this out next week on the water when I return from California.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey805 View Post
    Just an update, I still have a case open with Lowrance. I am not getting anywhere with it and their customer service has been terrible so far. They don't respond back to emails or phone calls. I am still calling in on a regular basis and trying to get it escalated. Does anyone have an internal contacts an Lowrance that can help light a fire and get this looked at by the appropriate people? So far, they have told me to just STOP the 2D sonar on this 3 in 1. This will allow me to use just downscan and sidescan on it. Unfortunately this does not work, stopping the 3 in 1, stops everything on it.

this topic got me going again so i called Lowrance last week and was able to get thru to there upper support team and the guy i spoke to said they were aware of this and there R&D department was working on it, he did say he had no idea when this would be released to the public

At least i got an answer instead off what your being told, i just hope he wants just telling me what I wanted to here

Since then im giving the TM150 a rest and picked up a TM165, don't believe this will fix the custom setting thing but with the TM165 i don't believe i will to use a custom setting, the choices i will have are high chirp and 200 MHz. and custom setting

11. Member
    I was on the phone with Lowrance for 2 hours today. I was able to get to Tier 2 support and they are still at a loss for what to do about this.

I sent them this video today, showing what the problem is exactly:

Last edited by Joey805; 04-29-2022 at 06:14 PM.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

12. Member
    this topic got me going again so i called Lowrance last week and was able to get thru to there upper support team and the guy i spoke to said they were aware of this and there R&D department was working on it, he did say he had no idea when this would be released to the public

At least i got an answer instead off what your being told, i just hope he wants just telling me what I wanted to here

Since then im giving the TM150 a rest and picked up a TM165, don't believe this will fix the custom setting thing but with the TM165 i don't believe i will to use a custom setting, the choices i will have are high chirp and 200 MHz. and custom setting
    I wonder if you spoke to Randy in Tier 2 support who I spoke with on Friday. He was unaware of the issue until I explained it to him. He didnt't want to step on the current case owner's feet (Marie) by taking over so he sent her an email for follow up. I never heard back after that. I called again today and spoke to someone else named Brenda in Tier 2 and she could not explain why the case owner (Marie) just basically stopped responding to me but was very apologetic. She took over the case from this point forward and will hopefully be more attentive. The issue has been with my new Carbon 9 but I also just received today a new Carbon 12 from BPS that I bought for my other boat and she wanted me to try that with the TM150 to see if it happens as well on the larger unit. It does so it's definitely not unit specific. I sent them the video I linked above, and am awaiting next steps.

The TM150 is an awesome transducer when set at 105. It's the best 2D picture I have ever seen in freshwater and I would really like to run it this way.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Try turning off Channel 2. Then you essentially have forced the 3in1 to become a 2in1. Probably won't work but a cheap and easy thing to try.
    I tried this. It shuts down the whole 3 in 1.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

14. Member
    Really? So StructureScan is gone with Channel 2 turned off? That should only affect the 2D portion. Huh
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

15. Member
    [QUOTE=Joey805; The TM150 is an awesome transducer when set at 105. It's the best 2D picture I have ever seen in freshwater and I would really like to run it this way.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, its just to bad that i bought a Navico Xsonic TM 150 to run with my HDS live and they don't work together , why would they offer an Custom option if it wasn't going to work. The Lowrance tech had told me that he was not aware of any update that has ever been released would work with this setup using a custom setting.

16. Member
    I couldn't agree more, its just to bad that i bought a Navico Xsonic TM 150 to run with my HDS live and they don't work together , why would they offer an Custom option if it wasn't going to work. The Lowrance tech had told me that he was not aware of any update that has ever been released would work with this setup using a custom setting.

I'm going to keep pushing Lowrance on this issue. I might need your help to get more leverage with customer support since you are experiencing the issue. They tried to tell me the other day that they think it only happens with the Carbon units until I mentioned that I know someone else running a Live with the same problem. I'll keep you posted when I know more.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Really? So StructureScan is gone with Channel 2 turned off? That should only affect the 2D portion. Huh

Correction. I tested this again today. I shut down Channel 2 and the 3in1 still worked, however it did still lock up when using the TM150 on a custom frequency.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

18. Member
    I have another update on this issue. Lowrance sent me 20.0.1 software today to try on my Carbon. I downgraded it and did not do a hard reset. I have confirmed that the lock up on the 3 in 1 no longer occurs when running the TM150 at 105. BRYANPF had mentioned this same scenario in a previous post. I have recorded videos of running both 22.1 and 20.1. They were sent to Lowrance support today. I received a voicemail from them stating they have seen the videos and have forwarded them to the developers for review.

Running 22.1 and freezing:

Running 20.0.1 and not freezing:

2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

19. Member
    Good work Joey!

20. Member
    Joey

That's some good work and your going to make many people happy including me
    Do you know when they will release it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast