Prop To Pad Measurement on CX21.

I see a lot of set ups with Hydraulic Jackplates. Has anyone with Manual Jackplate measured the Prop To Pad set up on CX21 with Merc 250 Pro XS for best Overall Performance with Fury 3 Blades 24P Prop ?
    Also do you have the PVS holes plugged ?
    Still Breaking in my engine, so don't have any numbers yet to share.
    Also the lakes around don't allow me to get any real data due to size and speed limit. I have to wait until I go somewhere where I could run it to it's full potential.
    Last edited by NewEnglandLegend; 05-02-2021 at 04:10 PM.

2. Member
    So far on my CX 20 mine has worked best at 3 inches below the pad but i am still playing with it every time i go. I don't have any vent plugs in my 24 Fury, running 75% fuel, my tackle, live well half full by accident lol, no poles. Now that me at over weight 265so a lot of flab on the port side! I am turning the Fury right at 6200 rmps. I don't have any heavy weight in the front compartments. I do have a double stack electronics on the bow which Earl looked at it and just shakes his head and says there goes 3 mph Maybe this will help you a little, should be close to a CX 21.

3. Member
    My cx20 is set 2.5” below pad. I believe it would need to run deeper on a cx21.

4. Member
    May i also add that a good friend of mine is running a 21, power poles, tons of tackle (he guides and fishes FLW or MLF) is running a 24 Fury, he is running 73 mph with two guys and knowing him he isn't running it all the way open, if i can catch him setting still i will try and get a measurement off his.

Thank you both. It's somewhere to start until I'm able to go to a lake where I could drive it at WOT.

I actually measured mine this afternoon on my 2020 CX21. I tried to get it to 3.5" below pad. This wound up being a 9 on my Atlas Hydro J/P. Does that sound right? I was testing a 24 Tempest and the boat didn't perform well at all with that prop. Dual console, 250 Merc, two overweight guys, light tackle, 50% fuel, no wind, no poles....65MPH. I tried the 25 Tempest last week in less than optimal conditions...same people in the boat a little more fuel and got 70.xx MPH and it was still climbing slowly but ran out of water. Ran best on 4-5 on the plate.

I have a 24 Fury but can only manage 69mph with the same scenario and it feels really squirrely on top where the 25 Tempest felt much better carrying the boat. I just don't think I can see 73 with a 24 Fury on my boat but maybe I'm just not there yet.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    I actually measured mine this afternoon on my 2020 CX21. I tried to get it to 3.5" below pad. This wound up being a 9 on my Atlas Hydro J/P. Does that sound right? I was testing a 24 Tempest and the boat didn't perform well at all with that prop. Dual console, 250 Merc, two overweight guys, light tackle, 50% fuel, no wind, no poles....65MPH. I tried the 25 Tempest last week in less than optimal conditions...same people in the boat a little more fuel and got 70.xx MPH and it was still climbing slowly but ran out of water. Ran best on 4-5 on the plate.

I have a 24 Fury but can only manage 69mph with the same scenario and it feels really squirrely on top where the 25 Tempest felt much better carrying the boat. I just don't think I can see 73 with a 24 Fury on my boat but maybe I'm just not there yet.

Thoughts?
    Is 4 to 5 on Jackple higher or lower ? Never had a Hydraulic Jackplate so I don't know.
    So if 9 on Jackplate was 3.5" below pad, what do you think a 5 would be ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandLegend View Post
    Is 4 to 5 on Jackple higher or lower ? Never had a Hydraulic Jackplate so I don't know.
    So if 9 on Jackplate was 3.5" below pad, what do you think a 5 would be ?
    Not sure about Bolton but my jack plate gauge says 5 at 3 inches below pad! If he was running at 9 then that was way to high.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Not sure about Bolton but my jack plate gauge says 5 at 3 inches below pad! If he was running at 9 then that was way to high.
    It was definitely too high at 9.

Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    It was definitely too high at 9.
    If 5 on Jackplate is 3" below Pad, then 9 is way higher and can't be 3.5" below Pad as you mentioned above. It could be 2" To 2.5" below the Pad and that's why it didn't run well for you at 9.
    From what I can gather so far, 3" To 3.5" below Pad seem to be the sweet spot, depends on the set-up.

11. Member
    Warning this thread up... I'm currently working on the same with my cx19. I've been running 2.5 p2p (10 on Atlas gauge) and getting bad chine walk at 65. My dealer says lower too 3.5". This is a 6 on my atlas.

Fyi... Each number is about 1/4" on Atlas.