Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Local Corporate Virtue Signaling Question.

I live in a town of 13k people that is 96% white according to the last census. My minority wife from India has worked at a factory for over two years now. She has had to work 7 days a week for basically the whole time with an occasional Sunday off. She's done 47 days straight being the most in one stretch but the norm is 25-35 straight without a single day off. Today she noticed batches of new "recruits" who are all minorities of one particular race and are given hotel room and board or rent expense allowances, $100 per day for food and gas expenses, and start off at $3 more per hour with $0.50 raise for each month up to six months. Again, my wife is a minority and knows other minorities who are of the same race that are being brought in that have been there for years yet they are receiving nothing extra as well as every one else. To me this is virtue signaling so the company can say "we did our best to diversify our workforce" only because there is no diversity due to where we live and it's demographics. My wife came home tonight in tears because she has given her all to this company and never missed a day of work besides a few accrued vacation days. Now I'm sure most of these new recruits won't last long enough to capitalize on the situation but it's still pretty damn shitty that it's come to bussing in people just so you can say that your a diverse company when there are plenty of people in the community applying to work but they don't fit the goal. I told my wife she should gather the other long standing minority workers and raise hell to HR but that will probably only lead to trouble. It's sad that our country has come to this point only because the talking heads that control us say we should. Rant over.

2. Member
    corporate america at its finest.its only going to get worse.the american worker has no say anymore in the matter.as you say our country is in sad shape.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post

Corporate America at its finest. it's only going to get worse. The American worker has no say anymore in the matter. As you say, "our country is in sad shape".
    I fixed some of the errors for you, hopefully making it a little easier to read.

4. Member
    Gee, it's going to be all but impossible to comment and not get derided by the powers-that-be.

Your wife and others of the same ilk are getting slapped in the face by the way things are going nowadays.

She has my sympathies but, just as she does, I see no viable alternatives. You can't bite the hand that feeds you, and the Company issues her paychecks.

I'm glad it isn't me.

5. Member
    The BS isn't going to stop until we quit the "minority" routine. You're American or applied to be an American or your not. The place needed more workers so they went out and found some.

Your name or skin color should not determine the pecking order.

FWIW My wife gave a company 15 years...we moved several times in that 15 years for the company. One day the owner just up and passed away without a warning. The owner had a verbal agreement with my wife, no written succession plan. At the time she was the COO or VP of Operations. She had trained both of his children in the business. His wife was a stay at home mom. After he passed his wife took over the biz, her kids didn't have the skill set to run a 100M dollar biz. One that was in the middle of a multi year multi million dollar law suit. The mom decided my wife was "too young" to run the biz and hired an older guy as a consultant. Within a month the entire exec team, including my wife was fired. My wife discovered that black managers were paying black employees less than other employees at her next job. We had moved yet again for that job. She approached the owner and he flat out old her her job was to make him money, he told her to keep her GDMF'in mouth shut. I mean he gave her a great dog cussing. She called me in tears. In the 18 years we've been married I've rarely seen my wife cry. I told her to quit the job. She quit the next week. Both of us had already been named in a frivolous law suit at her last job and for sure didn't want to go down in another.

The last corporate job she had, the company went under a few months after she left. She turned the company in to the state attorney general. The owner has never worked again. The company lawyers in both cases asked my wife why she didn't sue. She had two VERY clear cut cases of discrimination, both age and gender. She has always told me suing them would have netted a bunch of cash, but it would have cost her not only her job but her career. The job she has held the past 6 years paid 150,000 a year less than her old jobs the first four years she worked there. That is a choice, no where near the stress, no where near the hours, and if she gets tenured next year it'll be the last time she ever has to worry about losing a job because she is younger than her peers. Playing the minority card rarely works out for the better.
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 05-02-2021 at 06:08 AM.

Has anyone taken this issue to management?

Most companies don’t look for issues, but will address them, when they stand to lose experienced people.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

7. Member
    This l****al woke racism cancel crap is the biggest evil in our country now. It will take many class action lawsuits to stop it.

8. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    UNIONs

Dale Sinclair original

9. Member
    This is what happens when we simply look at people based on the color of one’s skin. Everyone has way more value that goes beyond one’s skin color. Right now your wife’s minority status doesn’t give them an advantage. It sounds like she is a hard worker, hopefully she can find a company that values those skills and not the diversity quotas.

10. Member
    I don't have the perfect answer. It sounds like a raw deal for your wife based on what I took from the OP. I AGREE with John this diverse/race/minority thing is a can o worms. People need to get over their race if they want to be considered as Americans. On the other hand there is an undeniable structure, power & economic that has been built and survives to this day on racial disparity. Even though a blind pig can see it quite often even the most enlightened will be inclined to ignore it or dismiss it. I'm not sure what the solution is but we need one.
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    UNIONs
    LOL,, OH Yea that's what they need for sure ,,a bunch of corrupt union guys picking their pockets

To the OP,,, tell her to quit and go somewhere else where she will be appreciated and her work and work ethic is valued,,
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 05-02-2021 at 09:19 AM.

We are living the opposite of what Dr. King prayed for...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

14. Member
    If u are saying that they r starting new hires at 3 dollars more on the hr than your wife. And also 100 dollars a day extra. My wife would never return to work there.

15. Member
    Sounds like she has a lawsuit against the company if she hasn't had any time off 25-35 days normal and 45 days this stretch.

Question for the OP, was your wife brought here by her employer or already in the U.S.? The reason I ask is because around 2005 we had 0 Indians in the building I'm in, none, zip, zilch, nada. Today there are 1,500 in this building alone, plus 1000's of others in our other plants. They and their families are being brought in by the boatload in the name of diversity. They're all salaried positions that were once held by American workers, engineers, managers, IT support etc. I was just curious how your wife ended up in a small town in Arkansas working where she does, was she recruited?

17. Member
    You can say it is unfair, and it is, all you want. I doubt that this company would change its tune. All you can do is what is in your power. If I were you I would strongly suggest your wife find another job and quit. The sooner the better. It sounds more like forced labor than a job. Seven days a week? 25-40+ days without a day off? Then they bring in new help and compensate them better? I could care less if they were white, black, brown, red, yellow, or any other color that God produces. Your wife has been taken advantage of and she should put a stop to it. That company could care less about your wife, and probably all of their other employees as well. Unemployment rates are lower than last year, but many employers are still looking for quality help. Time to jump ship.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    To the OP,,, tell her to quit and go somewhere else where she will be appreciated and her work and work ethic is valued,,
    I think that's the route she's going to take, she's been wanting to for a while.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Question for the OP, was your wife brought here by her employer or already in the U.S.? The reason I ask is because around 2005 we had 0 Indians in the building I'm in, none, zip, zilch, nada. Today there are 1,500 in this building alone, plus 1000's of others in our other plants. They and their families are being brought in by the boatload in the name of diversity. They're all salaried positions that were once held by American workers, engineers, managers, IT support etc. I was just curious how your wife ended up in a small town in Arkansas working where she does, was she recruited?
    Her parents sent her here to boarding school at 14, we met in college, she's here alone.

20. Member
    so your wife was content with her job until they hired new employees and gave them a better deal ? without a union contract the company can pay whoever they want whatever they want, whether you like it or not she hired on for what they compensate her, whether the new hires have anything in common or nothing in common
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast