Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crashxx View Post
    My neighbor and I are looking at a 97' SCX 202 for our two boys to fish out of. We've found one that's clean but has a crack in the transom. (see pic). Is this a big deal? Are the transoms wood or all glass? Anything we should be sure to check out? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachment 449973
    Transom is bad. Look at the aluminum strip from above the Champion bar to the starboard side.

If you buy it, buy very very cheap, because the stringers might also be toast. You might be looking at a full restoration.

My guess is when you show the seller what’s bad and then give him a realistically low offer he backs off and tries dumping it on someone else.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Transom is bad. Look at the aluminum strip from above the Champion bar to the starboard side.

If you buy it, buy very very cheap, because the stringers might also be toast. You might be looking at a full restoration.

My guess is when you show the seller what’s bad and then give him a realistically low offer he backs off and tries dumping it on someone else.
    Yep, the trim strip is all wavy. Sure sign of transom issues and water intrusion.

3. Member
    Looks like it's been removed and re installed by the same guy that should not be allowed to work on boats...and for the record I've seen some installed by the factory that were not perfect...It could be bad but in no way is that a fool proof indicator of a bad transom.

4. Member
    Pass...
    Champion 206
    250XB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12