Recommendation for Boat Insurance for Louisiana

Looking for a provider in Louisiana for my new to me bass rig.
    JOE

2. Member
    World Wide Marine Ins. Their contact info is on the Bass Boat Insurance 101 Page above on this board.
    17 Bullet 21 SDC 20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

3. Member
    I have mine with Shelter. I haven’t had to use it, thankfully, but I also have other policies with Shelter and have had good experiences in the past with them. I have no reason to think it wouldn’t be the same if I needed them for a boat claim. I have a good agent too so I’m sure that helps.

4. Member
    I use Bob Luellen at Worldwide Marine Ins also. I had one claim for a tire blow out that destroyed a fender and they treated me right

5. Member
    Thanks, I called them and 4 others. One said no to Louisiana and 3 never called or emailed back. Bob’s assistant called and said they’d try and get back in touch tomorrow. Business must be booming.
    JOE

6. Member
    I went with a Worldwide Marine and they set me up with Progressive so that’s what I have.

7. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    I got dropped by progressive this past February after having boat coverage with them for about 4 years. Same boat, no claims ever made. Letter said I was being dropped because my boat was capable of higher speeds than their policy allows. Allison XB2003. Had 225 Promax when I purchased it. I just updated policy coverage in December because I repowered with a 175 Pro XS 4S.

I was also trying to add the propulsion plus package, which covers damage to the lower unit internals as well, they offer when I repowered. They told me I couldn’t add it because my boat was older than 10yrs. Tried convincing them that age of the boat has nothing to do with the 2021 motor I put on it, but they obviously had to follow the policy that was written by a genius lawyer whom knows nothing about boats with outboards.

8. Member
    I have mine with State Farm now but have not had to use it yet.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon,HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, MG Xi5 105# 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USS Newport News CA-148

9. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I have Allstate

I'vehad them in Florida and nosing La.

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Safeco. We got them when were in La and we still use them today. Great service.

11. Member
    Recently switched to progressive which I got through worldwide marine. Had geico before but was dropped after putting in a claim for lower unit. I got better coverage through progressive/worldwide for just a little bit more.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS