Anyone Else Experienced Intermittent Power to Control Panel

I have a 2018 Nitro Z20. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before I have to start looking for that needle in my Nitro Haystack. Any info would be awesome. Thanks

2. Member
    I have a similar problem that I think I have diagnosed. my 2021 Z20 design has the touch button switches for everything. The way it is made is 2 pieces of hard material that sandwich a piece of foam and the switches are supposed to be silicone sealed inside that foam. The edged that sit in the recess on the console have open foam. The last 2 times I have had the boat in the rain all of my switches quit working. They start working about 24 hours later. I tested this with a cup of water in the garage and sure enough, they quit working after a little water. There is no cover or shield that nitro makes for this and it is not a very good design. I am going to have them replace the entire switch piece to see if that works. If not I guess the solution is to seal the edge of that panel with silicone?

3. Member
    Seal it with silicone. It helps
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I found my issue this weekend I believe the 20amp breaker in the back is faulty. Ordered new one to see if that’s the issue. Every time I touched it my panel would flicker on and off. Connections appeared good unless crimp is bad.
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    My boat is doing the same thing. Where exactly is that 20 amp breaker located at?
    Robert Williams
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Another quality design from Nitro...
    The soldier, above all other men, is required to practice the greatest act of religious training -- sacrifice. - GEN Douglas MacArthur, Thayer Award Address delivered 12 May 1962, West Point, NY

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetDNet! View Post
    My boat is doing the same thing. Where exactly is that 20 amp breaker located at?

in battery compartment by starting battery and red battery disconnect switch. Mine ended up being a bad crimp once I got into it. If I recall it’s a 6 or 8 gauge wire. This is like the 3rd time I’ve found a cable not crimped
    Nitro z21

8. Member
    OK,we get it you hate Nitro boats.
    Last edited by 2014 nitro z7; 11-25-2022 at 11:28 AM. Reason: need to

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014 nitro z7 View Post
    OK,we get it you hate Nitro boats.
    It’s a legitimate concern, not just nitro bashing. Honestly it’s the only thing I hate about my boat, and would not replace with another touch panel switch style on my next boat.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    Yes it is a legitimate problem, my post was direct to Shotgunz.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    in battery compartment by starting battery and red battery disconnect switch. Mine ended up being a bad crimp once I got into it. If I recall it’s a 6 or 8 gauge wire. This is like the 3rd time I’ve found a cable not crimped

Thanks I found it and replaced mine, it was severely rusted. Have not had any issue since replacing it.
    Robert Williams
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS

12. Member
    where do you actually seal this at? Behind it? Around the edge?