Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have driven several boats over the years, some into the mid to upper 80’s. Fastest was a worked Pantera classic that would run 88 mph. My Ranger will not go that fast and does not feel as stable at 75mph as those other boats did in the 80s. I won’t be driving that fast regularly, and will usually stay in the 50s. But the hole shot is a completely different game now.

2. Member
    Hello Rhode Island. It is my business. I'm from the same general area and fish lots of tournaments. I might run across the OP one day.

I run a 100% legal ZX200 Skeeter. I'd hate to see a 519 Ranger pass me on the way to the same spot. It won't do it legally. Or maybe he'll get squirrelly with that over powered missile and run over me.

I don't care how you rationalize it, over powering a boat is cheating, possibly dangerous, and illegal in some areas.

Don't give me the BS about hole shot, fuel economy, etc. You want more power to go faster.

3. Member
    I say flash the sho and drive responsibly. It's the original posters boat, money, and choice. When he gets his ecu reflashed, I hope he is nice enough to post speed results before and after and what boat and prop combination he is using. I wish people would stop trying to control other folks decisions and endeavors.

4. Banned
    you sound like a d ck!

5. Member
    Hey grits n gravy, I'm waiting on my ecm to be flashed as well. Could you tell a night and day difference between stock and flashed? Does it really put you back in the seat when you hit the throttle?

6. Member
    Flash it , everyone does it. it makes a big difference.

7. Member
    Here we go....
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

Flash it and it won't blow up around 200 hrs...
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

9. Member
    why not call yamaha an ask them what they think about flashing rather than a bunch of folks that are not going to have a say in warranty of your motor if something does happen . if tournaments have a 250 hp limit an your flash is over that you are cheating.

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater
    Sounds like a great bump in performance. Had a Stage 1 added to my 225 hpdi and was money well spent. I don’t go faster but I get to 50ish a lot faster. It’s like having a bigger motor in a semi or car. If it’s capable of higher speed it cruises better at 75 or 80 percent of that. Pinkie can keep his Peter in his Skeeter. ��
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Hello Rhode Island. It is my business. I'm from the same general area and fish lots of tournaments. I might run across the OP one day.

I run a 100% legal ZX200 Skeeter. I'd hate to see a 519 Ranger pass me on the way to the same spot. It won't do it legally. Or maybe he'll get squirrelly with that over powered missile and run over me.

I don't care how you rationalize it, over powering a boat is cheating, possibly dangerous, and illegal in some areas.

Don't give me the BS about hole shot, fuel economy, etc. You want more power to go faster.
    Simple solution, trade for a BassCat.

12. Member
    What gas do you have to use with a flashed motor?

13. Member
    Depends upon the flash and the flasher.

14. ZO6
    Quote Originally Posted by Grits and gravy View Post
    I live pretty close to Nixa and will take my ECU to Hydrotec. I have a 2017 200 SHO on a Ranger 519 which currently turns a M1 25 pitch prop at 6000 rpms and I get about 64 mph. What improvements could I expect with a 300 hp flash. I know that I would need to get a new prop, but I am not looking to run 90 mph. Just want my boat to jump out of the hole during the summer and would like to get about 70 mph. If I am not racing this engine, would I expect shorter life from it, or would it be about the same?
    thanks
    Wayne Worthy Flashed my 2016 at about 30 hrs. I rarely ran the previous 250 Mercury XS racing engine more than 5000 rpm so I decided to repower with the 200. I immediately regretted that decision so after lots of discussion with Wayne Worthy and others I flashed it. It’s been perfect. No regrets or issues period. I will flash the next one when I repower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12