Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Element transducers

Are there any transducers that can be mounted in the bilge area with the Element? Also, can you connect more than one transducer to the same unit? Thanks!

2. Member
    They should be listed on Raymarine's Element site, and require one of their adapter cables.

3. Member
    Thank you Chief!

4. Member
    So, it looks like all they offer are transducers that are THRU HULL not Shoot Thru Hull. Not wanting to drill a hole in the hull. Bummer!

5. Member
    Which Element do you have?

6. Member
    I don’t think Element has what you want. Typically, shoot thru like a P79 are 600W. Element has an “S” option for High Chirp transducers, but the lower power / multi frequency CHIRP transducers usually don’t shoot thru fiberglass that well...at least not as well as a 600W would.

7. Member
    Raymarine recently introduced a CPT-S in hull transducer.. A80691 . Then you need an adapter cable A80559 to connect to Element S or Element HV

They never introduced a Y cable for Element.

Element would not work with P79 or any Airmar ducers

8. Member
    CPT-S is a High Chirp transducer...not what you want shooting through fiberglass...that’s why it’s only offered in thru hull and transom mount. The “600W/P79” type Airmar isn’t an option for Element.

9. Member
    cpt-S DUCER ARE HORRIBLE ACROSS BOARD.. but they do have a specifically designed in hull puck ducer now, A80691 its not only offered in transom mount or thru hull. actually a pretty cool new design compared to traditional P79 . Which will work just like a transom or thru hull less temp.

10. Member
    A80691 CPT-S In-hull transducer provides a simple-to-install depth only transducer solution for non-cored fiberglass hulls

I wouldn’t use it on a fiberglass bass boat

11. Member
    ya you never use an in hull on a cored boat no matter if lowrance, humminbird garmin Etc.. most fiberglass boat are not cored...actually not sure of any that have cored running surfaces.. and if cored there is a method to complete installation by removing core and filling that sport with solid glass etc.

12. Member
    The Airmar P75M is a CHIRP shoot thru transducer that worked awesome with Axiom. To my knowledge, only (1) was ever made with a “Raymarine connection”... It was amazing, but never went into production. I can almost guarantee the Element CHIRP transducer with its low power, multi frequency won’t perform like you want in a bass boat.

Feel free to try what you want, but every Elite/FLW boat I ever set up had a 50/200 kHz, 600W Airmar P79 in the bilge and only (1) boat was ever tested with the P75M. The P75M, IS NOT the same ducer that Element uses.

13. Member
    Ok well so many things going on here. Axiom when referring to a device that a transducer is like saying electronics, pretty vague. Axiom has no fish finder built in and does not accept a ducer. Axiom rv or dv does not accept chirp ducer like the p75. Now say axiom pro rvx. Yes that will accept a chirp Airmar ducer and yes the mmc11R Airmar mix and match cable works fine on a rvx with a p75 With single channel chirp raymarine adapter cable..has been available for almost 2 years.

now back to the element. The newly introduced in hull cpt-s ducer in hull shoot thru model with element adapter cable will do the job for a entry level shoot thru. And will give you a in hull option for element s or hv. No there is no y cable like there is for RV or RVX axiom or axiom pro models, rvx1000 modules etc.

Most boats are now running brand specific in hulls like gt8 or gt15 or Xp 9 hw. Xp 14 hw. Lowrance glue in skimmer etc. but a lot of guys have switched to Airmar chirp options mainly m285 hw or m135m the P79 has faded away..

take that even further true thru hulls are now becoming a thing with bass boats mounting single or pair b75 or b175 or glassed in pocket b285 ,b765, b785 etc on a more regular basis.

14. Member
    I didn’t realize I had to specify “RVX”when talking in general about what transducer are available (in total) and how that compares to what’s available for Element. Correct, the MMC11RHM will work...my point is that there was only 1 P75M ever made with a “Raymarine” plug for in hull / shoot thru, high speed CHIRP. I know because I saw the screen shots and install with Axiom from it. It never went to production that way because, 1) MMC cable is available, 2) P79 was and is “industry norm”.

I can assure you that the A80691 was not designed with bass boats in mind. Element was designed to be a single unit bay/flats, cruising, price point option. That’s why networking was an afterthought and done with Stng and not Raynet. Anyway, thats another conversation for another day.

OP, try what you want, but I’d be surprised if the A80691 will shoot thru with the image quality you are looking for. Again, typical bass boat “shoot thru” like an Axiom/P79 combination has more power and better returns.

15. Member
    100 percent A80691 wasn't designed with bass boats in mind.. neither was a p79 honestly.

The OP question though wasn't hey guys looking to buy an Element for bassfishing what do you think? but more if there was an inhull option for element ..

Answer is YES A80691 with adapter cable for HV/S element. Will work just as good as a CPT-s transom can work ducer can work.

and only reason i pointed out just saying Axiom. Unfortunately because of people using "Axiom", constantly have to correct people orders, and explain teh confusion that is wrapped around Raymarine stuff. and if someone read your post they might assume a P75 works with Axiom or Axiom RV .. Which it does not ... and depending on what P79 it is might not work on Axiom PRO RVX.. specifics are key!

16. Member
    I know its a bassboat application because I sold the Element units to Champ 2001.

Also so you know, I was the Raymarine National Sales Manager for 4 years and Pro Staff Manager for 1 year. I unfortunately was the guy that got to "fire" 29 freshwater Pro's including Jimmy Houston, John Crews, Brandon Lester, Cliff Pace, Billy McDonald, Skylar Hamilton, Tyler Stewart and whole bunch more...that's why I know for sure that nothing Raymarine does is with bass boats in mind.

I called a buddy of mine still at Raymarine who's been doing this longer than me and he said "no way to know for sure how the A80691/Element combination will work in a bass boat, but it will have less power than a P79/Axiom combination".

I'll add that having worked for Raymarine, I can guarantee no one there has tried this installation, so Champ will be the guinea pig if he tries it.

Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    100 percent A80691 wasn't designed with bass boats in mind.. neither was a p79 honestly.

The OP question though wasn't hey guys looking to buy an Element for bassfishing what do you think? but more if there was an inhull option for element ..

Answer is YES A80691 with adapter cable for HV/S element. Will work just as good as a CPT-s transom can work ducer can work.

and only reason i pointed out just saying Axiom. Unfortunately because of people using "Axiom", constantly have to correct people orders, and explain teh confusion that is wrapped around Raymarine stuff. and if someone read your post they might assume a P75 works with Axiom or Axiom RV .. Which it does not ... and depending on what P79 it is might not work on Axiom PRO RVX.. specifics are key!

17. Member
    Unfortunately you left Raymarine way before the CPT-S in hull was even introduced.... So obviously you wouldn't know, so not sure how you can guarantee no one has tried that installation? though not being in the industry anymore, understandable how you can be uniformed about the current products from Raymarine.

Have shipped a few of these with Element to inland dealers. With great results.. (for what it is worth) a 200W entry level ducer..

However once again yes the Element is capable of firing a In-hull puck style ducer and have sold it and shipped em..

and obviously its not comparable to a higher end displays performance but its a 450-1850 entry level standalone unit and 200khz high conical "CHIRP"(NOT real CHIRP though), 200watt ducer)

To the OP what is your goal with getting shoot thru? Bottom tracking at speed? or is this only unit on board only "fish finder" Being element are standalone unit .. Do you have another element HV with Hypervision ducer on board as well?

18. Member
    I would be careful with your “obvious“ assumptions and please spare me the lecture on not being in the industry anymore and being uninformed. Raymarine has never had any real interest in bass boats and that’s as true today as it’s ever been. My information/concerns on the Elememt CPT-S in hull (bass boat application) comes straight from guys at Raymarine. It was virtually impossible to get Raymarine to test anything on a bass boat when they “said they were interested in fresh water“ so the likelihood that they tested this product in that application is slim to none.

Anyway, guys it seems we have a new expert on BBC so for those of you that want to chat you know how to get a hold of me otherwise I’m signing off for good since I’m out of the industry and uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    Unfortunately you left Raymarine way before the CPT-S in hull was even introduced.... So obviously you wouldn't know, so not sure how you can guarantee no one has tried that installation? though not being in the industry anymore, understandable how you can be uniformed about the current products from Raymarine.

Have shipped a few of these with Element to inland dealers. With great results.. (for what it is worth) a 200W entry level ducer..

However once again yes the Element is capable of firing a In-hull puck style ducer and have sold it and shipped em..

and obviously its not comparable to a higher end displays performance but its a 450-1850 entry level standalone unit and 200khz high conical "CHIRP"(NOT real CHIRP though), 200watt ducer)

To the OP what is your goal with getting shoot thru? Bottom tracking at speed? or is this only unit on board only "fish finder" Being element are standalone unit .. Do you have another element HV with Hypervision ducer on board as well?

19. Member
    One last comment, I am not anti Raymarine by any stretch. I absolutely love the equipment they make and along with Hickory Legend lobbied to get this page on BBC to promote Raymarine. I’m just doing my part to make it clear that they are a salt water company and I do not want to miss lead anyone. Their equipment is absolutely fantastic in freshwater but you will not see the support, Marketing or any presence whatsoever compared to the competition. As long as guys are informed on what the units are designed for and capable of doing then there shouldn’t be any unexpected surprises.

20. Member
    yikes.. just was referring to this one specific sku the in hull CPT-s... and never mentioned anything about Raymarine testing, just dealers installing and using and getting results.. Are they the best? No not at all the ducer is a horrible designed option... But does it work? Yes.. just was answering the OP question, then you decided to say that was wrong option.. so not sure why your getting all excited.. have a good night.. it appeared being you werent with Rayamrine your were misinformed about the CPT-s in hull .. just what i interpreted.. sorry if that offended you.

just common sense in most things and in Raymarine a 450 dollar machine is obviously not as capable as a more expensive (more feature filled) machine.... such as ones you guarantee raymarine has tested..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast