Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bowing out gracefully isn’t one of my strongest traits. Anytime you tell someone with 20 years Sales/Marketing experience in the marine industry, who also was Raymarine freshwater for 5 years, that “though not being in the industry anymore, understandable how you can be uniformed about the current products from Raymarine”, you can expect a “YIKES” response.

Interesting that the Element HV transducer has a 1.2 “mega” channel and better crystals than the Axiom RV-100, but you obviously already know this...oh wait...”just common sense in most things and in Raymarine a 450 dollar machine is obviously not as capable as a more expensive (more feature filled) machine.... such as ones you guarantee raymarine has tested..”

Every BASS, MLF and FLW boat was rigged with either gS, eS or Axiom Pro with P79, so yes, I guarantee there was significant testing through Pro Staff (not necessarily Raymarine directly). Also testing with a variable “step hull” bracket that Bill McDonald used, but I’m sure you’ve seen and are aware of this. Element came out after Raymarine fired 29 freshwater Pro’s and it was designed for the salt (Hell’s Bay type) boat.

Lastly, I’m not interested in a pissing contest with you. You have some valid point, but NEVER underestimate the knowledge, experience and wisdom of a guy who’s been in the industry for half or more of your lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    yikes.. just was referring to this one specific sku the in hull CPT-s... and never mentioned anything about Raymarine testing, just dealers installing and using and getting results.. Are they the best? No not at all the ducer is a horrible designed option... But does it work? Yes.. just was answering the OP question, then you decided to say that was wrong option.. so not sure why your getting all excited.. have a good night.. it appeared being you werent with Rayamrine your were misinformed about the CPT-s in hull .. just what i interpreted.. sorry if that offended you.

just common sense in most things and in Raymarine a 450 dollar machine is obviously not as capable as a more expensive (more feature filled) machine.... such as ones you guarantee raymarine has tested..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    A80691 CPT-S In-hull transducer provides a simple-to-install depth only transducer solution for non-cored fiberglass hulls

I wouldn’t use it on a fiberglass bass boat

sorry if I offended you. Wasn’t purposeful. I guess your above comment just got me going. Still don’t understand why a P79 in hull is better designed for a bass boat. When any inhull uses the exact same phrase. Not to be installed on cored fiberglass hulls?

love p79. But they have been mostly phased out accross the board. To better options. Not saying cpt-s is. Just that it’s the best option well only option for someone with a element.

this is going nowhere have a good night man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12