Thread: trailers

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ofallon, MO
    Posts
    2,626

    trailers

    Who makes Ballistics trailers?

    Thanks,

    Mike

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    St. Peter, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,886
    #2
    I can’t help with the trailer question but you forum name gets me every time.... don’t we all
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxtonís Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2Nís with Ultrex
    Might not help me catch fish but it canít hurt...

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ofallon, MO
    Posts
    2,626
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    I can’t help with the trailer question but you forum name gets me every time.... don’t we all
    Thanks, It was really me wanting a bigger boat with a bigger motor, but it can be used for so many other things - house, paycheck, weigh-in bag, and the obvious!

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    St. Peter, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,886
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Thanks, It was really me wanting a bigger boat with a bigger motor, but it can be used for so many other things - house, paycheck, weigh-in bag, and the obvious!
    It’s a catch all phrase for sure, I’m like a child it makes me snicker.

    I’m curious also as to your trailer question, I thought it was an EZ loader trailer. Love the things Ballistic is doing, on the short list for my next boat for sure.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxtonís Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2Nís with Ultrex
    Might not help me catch fish but it canít hurt...

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ofallon, MO
    Posts
    2,626
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    It’s a catch all phrase for sure, I’m like a child it makes me snicker.

    I’m curious also as to your trailer question, I thought it was an EZ loader trailer. Love the things Ballistic is doing, on the short list for my next boat for sure.
    These Ken Smith videos got me fired up! I run a Charger and he rips on the trailer, giving it a low score, but the Ballistic looks identical to the Chargers EZ Loader and Ken rates it much higher?

    The Ballistic boats are bad a$$ in my book too. I love the simplistic design. I don't want a bunch of bling and plastic junk on my boat! I also love the smaller company profile - like Charger, it sounds like the ownership really does care about their customers.

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    197
    #6
    Trailer is an EZ loader for both of the Ballistics I have owned including my current .204. I am also not sure that he knew how to drive a high performance hull up on the pad and I am sure he over trimmed it since he is used to driving a Ranger. My .204 with a 300R and Sportmaster lower will cruise in the low 80's loaded with very little driver input. I know she has a lot more in her but I simply have not had the seat time to be comfortable yet. A lower score does not surprise me as this type of boat is not his cup of tea. Personally I like clean lines and not having 200lbs of plastic parts to break or fade. The graphs on these boats are flush mounted in vacuum infused fiberglass and not cheap plastic. I will not knock any other brand of bass boat but I can promise you that quality of construction and craftsmanship are second to none with these boats.
    Last edited by chass75; 03-26-2021 at 08:25 AM.

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ofallon, MO
    Posts
    2,626
    #7
    Thanks Chass. I would love to crawl around a Ballistic some day. Everything I have heard has been positive!

  8. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    1,656
    #8
    I couldnít help but just start laughing seeing his video before you review any boat make sure you can drive it first..

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    LaGuardo, TN
    Posts
    73
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    Trailer is an EZ loader for both of the Ballistics I have owned including my current .204. I am also not sure that he knew how to drive a high performance hull up on the pad and I am sure he over trimmed it since he is used to driving a Ranger. My .204 with a 300R and Sportmaster lower will cruise in the low 80's loaded with very little driver input. I know she has a lot more in her but I simply have not had the seat time to be comfortable yet. A lower score does not surprise me as this type of boat is not his cup of tea. Personally I like clean lines and not having 200lbs of plastic parts to break or fade. The graphs on these boats are flush mounted in vacuum infused fiberglass and not cheap plastic. I will not knock any other brand of bass boat but I can promise you that quality of construction and craftsmanship are second to none with these boats.
    Not to mention he scored the Blazer 4-5 points higher and made it sound faster than it is. He will likely go with the Basscat Lynx which will be a handful. The good thing is there is now a new marketing tagline courtesy of Ken....."Not your Grandpa's Bass Boat"

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ofallon, MO
    Posts
    2,626
    #10
    ."Not your Grandpa's Bass Boat"

    Good stuff right there!

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    LaGuardo, TN
    Posts
    73
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    ."Not your Grandpa's Bass Boat"

    Good stuff right there!
    I'm a little mean spirited at times:) His review on these boats has been baffling to a degree with some things he is worried about. The grab handles for the passenger and having them in the seats is too big to grab onto? It honestly seems like guys are more worried about all the plastic, switches and gadgets than they are about catching bass n haulin azz.

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    103
    #12
    I don't agree with all of Ken's ratings, but he seems to be consistent with what is important to him. He is a tournament bass fisherman that wants an average to fast boat. People drawn to Ballistic Boats prioritize speed over other fishing related features. For me, the narrow deck and not having a dealer network would be an issue. My fishing buddy could care less about how narrow the deck is. I don't like SeaDeck material because I have seen how it looks after a few years. He loves SeaDeck. I'm OK with carpet in the compartments as long as the boat has fans. Everyone is different. According to Ken, Ballistic says they are planning on building about 40 boats per year. They will have no problems selling 40 boats. Ballistic Boats feed a niche market along with Bullet and Allison.

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Scottsboro Alabama
    Posts
    128
    #13
    Ken is gonna end up in another Ranger or skeeter or some other cookie cutter boat. I really laughed hard when he said the Blazer is faster than the Ballistic. Thereís no factual data to back that up. A .204 with 250 and tourney loaded had been verified at 80+. Iím not sure if Ken is used to high performance boats. Also, lack of storage? Is he kidding himself? I mean, yeah, itís got less storage than a cabin cruiser Ranger but it also has much better glass work, build quality, etc. Also, Iím pretty sure he didnít measure the beam right either. Heís 2 inches off.

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Scottsboro Alabama
    Posts
    128
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    I don't agree with all of Ken's ratings, but he seems to be consistent with what is important to him. He is a tournament bass fisherman that wants an average to fast boat. People drawn to Ballistic Boats prioritize speed over other fishing related features. For me, the narrow deck and not having a dealer network would be an issue. My fishing buddy could care less about how narrow the deck is. I don't like SeaDeck material because I have seen how it looks after a few years. He loves SeaDeck. I'm OK with carpet in the compartments as long as the boat has fans. Everyone is different. According to Ken, Ballistic says they are planning on building about 40 boats per year. They will have no problems selling 40 boats. Ballistic Boats feed a niche market along with Bullet and Allison.
    The .204 doesn’t have a narrow deck. At all. In fact, it’s as wide at the nose than his Ranger is, in the carpeted area. This boat has every bit as much fish able space as any other 20ft boat. The .223 has as much as any 21ft boat.

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    LaGuardo, TN
    Posts
    73
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    I don't agree with all of Ken's ratings, but he seems to be consistent with what is important to him. He is a tournament bass fisherman that wants an average to fast boat. People drawn to Ballistic Boats prioritize speed over other fishing related features. For me, the narrow deck and not having a dealer network would be an issue. My fishing buddy could care less about how narrow the deck is. I don't like SeaDeck material because I have seen how it looks after a few years. He loves SeaDeck. I'm OK with carpet in the compartments as long as the boat has fans. Everyone is different. According to Ken, Ballistic says they are planning on building about 40 boats per year. They will have no problems selling 40 boats. Ballistic Boats feed a niche market along with Bullet and Allison.
    I have a buddy running a Blazer 650 with 250 merc 4 stroke and Torquemaster. in Tourney load with two poles and just him he is lucky to get 75-76 out of the boat. It is a nice boat, but I would take a .204 over it in a heartbeat.

  16. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vonore, TN
    Posts
    11,995
    #16
    I like watching his video's but he like everyone else has their preconceived biases. Some of his negatives are positives to some, including me. Ballistic looks to be building a great boat and I applaud any small boat companies.

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    197
    #17
    I forgot exactly how much carpeted floor space there are in the .204 and the .223 exactly. The .223 is 7" longer but the .204 is much wider at the very front. You can fish 2 wide off the very front of my .204 very easily. The difference in total space is very negligible between the 2. That being said the front fishing deck of these boats is huge. There is no wasted space in the very bottom of the boat, its almost all fishing deck and you can step from the front deck to the back deck without touching the floor. I personally feel that the Ballistic is the perfect combination of fishability and speed. It will not run with an Allison and a lot of Bullets at the very top end but that is not really what the purpose is. This is a much larger boat than any of those previously listed. I am not brand bashing at all as I love the way an Allison and Bullet looks its just simply not as big. The laws of physics still apply regardless of what manufacturer builds the boat. Lighter=Faster 99.9% of the time. There are very, very few boats this size that are anywhere near the weight these boats are. At this point I have probably given 50 boat rides in my old .223 and .204 and every person that has ridden has been impressed with the performance and fishability of these hulls, after you add in the quality of construction it really puts it over the top. As with all of my other Ballistic brothers we will be happy to give you a ride and let you really look at these things up close so you can see what we are talking about.