Information on Arkansas River @ Muskogee...

Can anyone give me some scoop on this river. I have tourny there next month and never been there. I live in Louisiana.
    Scott

2. Member

Re: Information on Arkansas River @ Muskogee... (labassin)

Scott you might post what ramp your using, that might help with a response..

3. Member

Scott, now that I have shown my ability of NOT comprehending what I,m reading, you might try the Grand arm and fish the lay downs. the Grand arm is about 3/4 of a mile up the river on the right. There is also a small creek about 3 miles down the river {south} on the left under the RR tracks. If you have time to practice, try the laydowns in the main river channel, if that don't work try the creeks and oxbows. Water will prolly have alittle color to it, Spinnerbaits with colorado blades, or Gene Larew Hoo-Daddys, watermelon or green pumpkin. Little Greenleaf is a ways down the river on the left {app.10-12 miles} it has weedbeds in it , can produce a good sack every now and then.

4. Member

Re: Information on Arkansas River @ Muskogee... (culln4s)

we launch at 3 forks marina

I think green leaf is about 20 miles from Three forks. Wanye had good info. Also, I'll add that if you can get in to the ponds just north of the ramp (1 mile). don't leave. The tournament will be won from there. If you can get in?
    Paul Allsup - Grand Lake
    04\' 519svx w/04\' 200 Opti

6. Member

Re: Information on Arkansas River @ Muskogee... (Allsup)

Thanks guys...
    Is the ponds those 4 areas behind the rock jetties directly across from the port and just south of the Grand arm that Wayne mentioned.
    Also, does water move down the Grand all the time, or does the dam have time periods it discharges to get the water moving. I figure the better bass bite on laydowns would be when the water is moving. From my satellite pic of this area, it looks to have the best color water (clearer). The clearer water also seems to be in the little greenleaf too. Is the water shallow in little greenleaf?
    Wayne, you reference the water color to be stained (off color) in the river...does it ever clear up? What will the water be (color, high, low, fast current, no current) and is there a normal pool elevation and what is it now, falling...rising? Sorry for all the questions, but info from you local guys is the best!
    I will have about 3 days to practice, and we can run to wherever. What about Kerr reservoir? Or is all the best fishing right around the landing?
    Those ponds...where or how would i get in them and do you think the water will be up enough?
    Ya'll can email me at sguinn@jeffreycarbo.com or sguinn1@bellsouth.net
    Thanks, Scott

7. Member

fished a t there saturday the channel is filthy little greenleaf is clean but the bite was bad i think it took 10 lbs to win the grand is probabely the best idea right
    now when you get close to the island slow down and fish the left bank from the boat ramp to the bridge

8. Member

Re: Information on Arkansas River @ Muskogee... (gambler4)

If someone will post a pic for me I'll show you how not to get into the ponds!!

Re: Information on Arkansas River @ Muskogee... (LittleBugMan)

I've got a couple of those too trying to get in. One on the starboard side is about 2 feet long
    Paul Allsup - Grand Lake

10. Member

Thought you were going to be up here around Hillsdale this week?

Re: Information on Arkansas River @ Muskogee... (LittleBugMan)

I am, I'm leaving in about 2 hours.

I scratched up my boat there last fall trying to get in to the pond then there was only about 12" of water in the entrance.
    Paul Allsup - Grand Lake

12. Member

Scratched mine doing the same but the water was up and moving so hard that you basically had to just gas it and go in. Hit another rock pile up past the railroad bridge around the islands in the Grand- current just pushed me across it. Left a good hole in bottom Hillsdale is just about as nice as it can be today- light winds and such. Boats are starting to come out now too though, Jayhawk boat ramp is almost full right now. Good luck