Nosecone transducer on Ghost

So I installed the nosecone 3n1 transducer for my ghost and got a little too shallow and scratched it up on rocks. Two questions, will the scratches affect performance? Also, the prop that comes with the ghost seems brittle, had to sand it a little after the encounter too. Any one else notice this?

Thanks

2. Member
    When I bought my Ghost I was told to make sure an get a spare prop since they are carbon, they crack/break fairly easily. Have not don it yet but I am SUPER cautious when I get shallow.
    Michael J. Koenig

3. Member
    Anyone have trouble with a scratched 3n1 nose cone?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goaltender8 View Post
    When I bought my Ghost I was told to make sure an get a spare prop since they are carbon, they crack/break fairly easily. Have not don it yet but I am SUPER cautious when I get shallow.
    That is not going to bode well for me then. EEK

5. Member
    I've dug through some shallow water sand and mud, churned through hydrilla and hit many a rock with mine in the last year. Yeah, it's dinged up quite a bit but I've yet to break one. The prop on my MK Fortrex always got pretty beat up over a years time also and I never broke one of those either although I tried a couple of times. I figure the ghost prop is more likely to break than the MK prop was but I've yet to break it.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax