Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorico View Post
    Would half length on outside bunks do as well as full length ?

Yes. Mine are from back of trailer to that mid brace. I used 6ft bunks on outside. Not by original plan but I picked them up on craigs for a good deal.
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    bird helix 9 gen2 mega console
    bird helix 10 gen3 mega bow
    spyderlok r100 rod holders
    spyderlok r300 transport

2. Member
    Where did you get the brackets to add the bunks? thanks

3. Member
    Cabelas. CE Smith brand. I’m sure other places as well but that was handy for me.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/ce-s...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

also got the U bolts there.
    need 2 different sizes of u bolts. The one on back is wider than the middle and front. I think a 3in and a 4in in back
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    spyderlok r300 transport

4. Member
    Mine go to the center cross member of the trailer. I think they are 5 to 5 1/2 ft. long. So far they have performed flawlessly.

Bill is that winch stand step homemade ?
    Yes The steps were made by Roy Byker back when he was making custom boat accessories and I added the grab bar later. I prefer tongue mounted steps and these are completely bolt-on. Installs in about 10 minutes.
    The grab bar is a metal closet rod that I bolted to the tongue and supported against the top step with a muffler clamp.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Yes The steps were made by Roy Byker back when he was making custom boat accessories and I added the grab bar later. I prefer tongue mounted steps and these are completely bolt-on. Installs in about 10 minutes.
    The grab bar is a metal closet rod that I bolted to the tongue and supported against the top step with a muffler clamp.

Looks good , I would really like steps for my new boat but 500 bucks is hard to swallow

Looks good , I would really like steps for my new boat but 500 bucks is hard to swallow
    I like the Tracker/Nitro steps and I think they are much cheaper than the aftermarket ones. They have one for the Tracker195 that bolts to the winch post that you may be able to adapt to your new rig. It may get a little complicated trying to buy one but I have heard of several people that bought one through the parts department at Bass Pro.

8. Member

9CE3B992-56FA-410F-9C2B-38473FA9C860.jpeg
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    spyderlok r300 transport

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjeepjk View Post
    That looks great , pretty sure I'll go that route

10. Member
    I like the Tracker/Nitro steps and I think they are much cheaper than the aftermarket ones. They have one for the Tracker195 that bolts to the winch post that you may be able to adapt to your new rig. It may get a little complicated trying to buy one but I have heard of several people that bought one through the parts department at Bass Pro.

Thanks Bill I'll check it out

11. Member
    Added 2 more bunks to mine last year. Been happy with it so far.
    Semper Fi

12. Member
    Got the parts ordered to add bunks ( e trailer ). I happened to be driving by the dealer where I have my boat ordered ( I am upgrading my 188 to a 198 ). Dealer is a ranger tracker , nitro , triton ect dealer anyway after taking a few trailer measurements of a showroom 198 I asked about the Nitro step on the Nitro boat sitting right next to me. Of corse salesman sent me to parts after I told them I didn't have a Nitro but wanted to step for my Ranger ( which has almost the exact same winch stand ) they informed me that yes they could order me a set but it would be $498.00 with shipping. So looks like I'm breaking out the chop saw and welder - I'll make my own !

Got the parts ordered to add bunks ( e trailer ). I happened to be driving by the dealer where I have my boat ordered ( I am upgrading my 188 to a 198 ). Dealer is a ranger tracker , nitro , triton ect dealer anyway after taking a few trailer measurements of a showroom 198 I asked about the Nitro step on the Nitro boat sitting right next to me. Of corse salesman sent me to parts after I told them I didn't have a Nitro but wanted to step for my Ranger ( which has almost the exact same winch stand ) they informed me that yes they could order me a set but it would be $498.00 with shipping. So looks like I'm breaking out the chop saw and welder - I'll make my own !
    If you are ordering an RT198, I think it has a 4 bunk trailer. I may have misunderstand your statement above though.

14. Member
    If you are ordering an RT198, I think it has a 4 bunk trailer. I may have misunderstand your statement above though.
    If ranger is making 4 bunk trailers for 198s I haven't seen one yet , my dealer has had 3 or Four 2021s this year and all I've seen are 2 bunk.

15. Member
    On rangers website it shows the 198 with 4 bunks. That's a lot of weight for only 2 bunks. If I ordered a 198 I would want it to come with 4 bunks like on the website. I guess they did change it, I looked at the pics on pro choice marine of their 198's and they have only 2 bunks on them.
    Last edited by Rich Phalin; 03-26-2021 at 08:00 AM.

If ranger is making 4 bunk trailers for 198s I haven't seen one yet , my dealer has had 3 or Four 2021s this year and all I've seen are 2 bunk.
    This must be some more of the Johnny Morris changes. When Ranger was making the trailers, the RT198 trailer was 4 bunk and it was constructed from 4 inch channel instead of the 3 inch used on the RT188.

17. Member
    Two bunk trailers on all 198s at pros choise I just swing by to double check

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12