2019 Nitro Z20 ECM issue

Had an issue with the trim going up on its own. Switches and relays all seem to be good,, Shop traced it back to the ECM or electronic control module. They ordered a new ecm but apparently Nitro quit using the original ecm and upgraded to a different part. They said everything seems to function now, but when turning off the dash power button, the power at the bow goes off but the console touch pad stays on and you have to cycle it again to get that to turn off. Has anyone dealt with this or know what the fix is? I appreciate any help you can give

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WV BILL View Post
    Had an issue with the trim going up on its own. Switches and relays all seem to be good,, Shop traced it back to the ECM or electronic control module. They ordered a new ecm but apparently Nitro quit using the original ecm and upgraded to a different part. They said everything seems to function now, but when turning off the dash power button, the power at the bow goes off but the console touch pad stays on and you have to cycle it again to get that to turn off. Has anyone dealt with this or know what the fix is? I appreciate any help you can give

Did you ever figure this out? I have had the same issue with nitro not know what to d

3. Member
    On my 2020 Z19 pro I had the trim switch go bad on the motor it was trimming up on its own randomly I had to replace it as a warranty thing was in and out of the dealer 30 minutes.

4. Member
    Yeah they told me trim switch as well but it was ECM Mod both are new now. Mine is doing exact same thing having to cycle switch now with new Ecm.
    They said put in a momentary power button rather that on off button. I did that now everything works but front trim panel and power button stays lit up until Perkins is off. It may have always done that I don’t remember.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMj View Post
    On my 2020 Z19 pro I had the trim switch go bad on the motor it was trimming up on its own randomly I had to replace it as a warranty thing was in and out of the dealer 30 minutes.
    My bow trim switch went bad causing the same issue during a tournament. Luckily Cabela’s was only 15 minutes away and they had one in stock. Told them the situation and they had me fixed up in less than a hour. They said moisture causes this issue.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS