Prop to pad CX20 w/ Merc 250?

I still have not seen anyone post prop to pad numbers on a very well set up cx20 with a Mercury 250.

I’ve not fooled with mine but I’m running stock 24 fury 4 and wherever caymas set the jack plate and just getting 70mph out of it. It’s better than the 25 fury 3 it came with.

I want to try and dial it in this off season and get the prop to pad settled and get a prop to stick with. I’m thinking I’ll end up with a 23 fury 3 which I had on my 2019 trx 20 with great results.

But thinking about trying a 25 or 25.5 Bravo 1 fs. Thoughts?

2. Member
    You might want to contact Boat-wrk in springfield Mo i ran one of there Demo boats last fall A CX-20 with a 250 Pro XS manual jackplate with a 24 3 blade and it was a 75 MPH boat all day long 2 guys full of fuel

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I seem to get better performance from tempest props. I'm currently running a worked 25 tempest. I'm not sure of my prop to pad bc I have a hurdolic plate and adjust it according to load. If I was you I would start around 3.25 inches below pad and move it up a little at a time.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I seem to get better performance from tempest props. I'm currently running a worked 25 tempest. I'm not sure of my prop to pad bc I have a hurdolic plate and adjust it according to load. If I was you I would start around 3.25 inches below pad and move it up a little at a time.
    What speeds are you getting on Fury vs Tempest?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z21man View Post
    You might want to contact Boat-wrk in springfield Mo i ran one of there Demo boats last fall A CX-20 with a 250 Pro XS manual jackplate with a 24 3 blade and it was a 75 MPH boat all day long 2 guys full of fuel
    I work for BoatWrX in sales but we figured out a way to get your P2P set correctly. Give me a call at 417-834-9435 and I should be able to get you in contact with some owners that have used the trick to set theirs.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    What speeds are you getting on Fury vs Tempest?
    I have hit as high as 78 with tempest alone. I need to run my 24 fury a little more, and try a few things. What I've seen with topend is both props are approximately 1 to 1.5 mph of each other typically. I still need a little more time to play with the fury tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelmeyer View Post
    I work for BoatWrX in sales but we figured out a way to get your P2P set correctly. Give me a call at 417-834-9435 and I should be able to get you in contact with some owners that have used the trick to set theirs.
    Thanks will do!

8. Member
    I have hit as high as 78 with tempest alone. I need to run my 24 fury a little more, and try a few things. What I've seen with topend is both props are approximately 1 to 1.5 mph of each other typically. I still need a little more time to play with the fury tho.
    Wow, that is quick. Is it worked?

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Wow, that is quick. Is it worked?
    Yes it is. When I hit 78 it was very cool out and good conditions to run in. The best I've done with 2 loaded to fish in a tournament is 74.

10. Member
    I am running 3.25 under pad with a 25 fury. Altitude here is just under 500 feet, lake havasu. Half a tank with just me and a tourney load I hit 78.6. Now that is also taking a little current into consideration as I was going down river

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I have a set of 2 degree wedges to try out after my break in. I maybe wrong, but I think a little more positive trim will increase my top speed. Just seems I run out of trim on this boat and motor combo.

12. Member
    I have a set of 2 degree wedges to try out after my break in. I maybe wrong, but I think a little more positive trim will increase my top speed. Just seems I run out of trim on this boat and motor combo.
    That's what I noticed as well. I have a manual jack, fury 3 24p and I top out at 75.2 mph. I keep trimming, it keeps adding speed all the way to max trim so that tells me it has more.. Zero walk. Forgot to look at rpms. Might have to drop it about 1/8" and see if that helps with lift also.

13. Member
    Cx20pro
    24 3 blade fury,Mercury
    Manual plate
    Always runs out of trim.
    Ive hit 78.6 in spring, half tank, one person, no load in it.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Cx20pro
    24 3 blade fury,Mercury
    Manual plate
    Always runs out of trim.
    Ive hit 78.6 in spring, half tank, one person, no load in it.
    What is your PTP?

15. Member
    Warming this up... Anyone have any good p2p measurements now?

16. Member
    On any given day 3 inches has great on my CX 20 Mer with a 24 Fury, couldn't ask for it to do anymore!!

17. Member
    2.5” below pad with 24 fury 3