Thread: Helix update

Question Helix update

I bought a used helix 12. It came with no mapping card. I purchased a Navionics card but I was told not to install it until my unit was updated to version 1.9. I called Hummingbird and they told me the unit was so outdated I had to update to 1.640 before I went to 1.9.
    How do I find, and download, version 1.640?

No unit comes with a map card unless it is a special sale NAV edition.

You can use Navionics or Lakemaster mapping with the software your unit has. You were "told" BS.

1.640 has nothing to do with getting to 1.900 other than having previous software that has the Humminbird Basemap install software from an older version than 1.640. The Basemap software is 1.460. Then you would also need the separate Basemap file to install after that.

What is the whole model name of your unit? Software is unit specific and not interchangeable between any models.
    The model name is in the SYSTEM STATUS view.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    On the bottom of control head also, above where the serial numbers listed. Master Wayne is 100% spot on you were fed a crock.
    I've owned the DI & SI Gen 1 Helix 12 xx GPS, as well as the Helix 12 MSI GPS G2N.
    The software releases have ZERO to do with utilizing a Navionics or any HB compatible mapping card.
    You should be able to update the card to the freshest data they have registering and updating the card at Navionics, unless you got sold a "unit bundled" card and they hosed you out of your money...
    Depending on the model numbers, I have supplied more than a few folks with software updates - but we can guarantee the software version is independent of running any Navionics or Lakemaster mapping cards. Only the basemap that is built-in or added makes any difference.
    I'm running the older basemap because I don't want or need newer features and some are unavailable with an older generation unit anyway.
    You would only "need" newer software if installing the newest basemap, IF anybody in HB support told you that, they would have offered you v1.640 but I don't recall anything like that in my software notes - and I've got many to go along with the software collection I do have.
    My 1st Helix 12 came with v1.210 I think it's been so long...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/