VMAX SHO Prop Cracked. Options?

Walking around the boat yesterday and noticed 3 cracks in my prop. This is on a 2016 ZX200 with a SHO 200. Pretty sure this is the 25 T2. Wondering if I should just get another 25 T2 at roughly $725 or does anyone else run a different prop on a SHO 200 that they would recommend? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not familiar with Yamaha equip. But curious as to what caused that kind of break ?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I'm not familiar with Yamaha equip. But curious as to what caused that kind of break ?
    Not a clue... Haven’t hit anything, rest of the prop is in excellent condition.

4. Member
    Wonder if the prop is tightened too much? Or maybe wrong trust washer?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_ECU View Post
    Walking around the boat yesterday and noticed 3 cracks in my prop. This is on a 2016 ZX200 with a SHO 200. Pretty sure this is the 25 T2. Wondering if I should just get another 25 T2 at roughly $725 or does anyone else run a different prop on a SHO 200 that they would recommend? Thanks
    The ZX200 with 200SHO comes normally with a 23 T2 (not 25). I have a 24 FXP (a Yamaha prop) that works very similar to the T2, but for my setup should be a 23" to get me over 6000rpm easier. However, I have been running a Razor 4, 22" (recommended by Mark) that I'm super happy with. It's about 2mph slower than the 3 blade, but all-around WAY nicer to drive as it has better hole shot, stays on top easier, and has great acceleration.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

6. Member
    How old is the prop because that is why they quit making the T1 series props the hubs cracked. That is now a door stop. Check and make sure it's a 25 T1

Barrel looks more like a T-1... They all did that...I got 3 of em that did that...if it was a T-2 it must likely would've slung a blade... That's not a VMAX series T-1...those are a little different in design. That's a SHO series T-1... The T-2 design was beafed up a little bit but had different design flaws... porosity issues..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    If you still have warranty on your engine, the prop is covered as long as it is clean. With the hub being cracked I would take it off nd see if the prop has dug into the lower unit's hub. This will be covered also if the engine is still under warranty

9. Member
    What is the difference in a t1 and a t2