Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Thumbs Up Fish catching w/Livescope

Ok, here is my first video of Livescope. I'm "drifting" the local waters where i fish all the time. Since there is no recording from the Ultra units, i set up my camera in front of the graph. I'll have to work on getting better/clearer videos.

Setup: Using 2 10' jig poles with jigs ties about 12" apart (4 jigs per pole). I just drop them straight down and look for fish. The 4 "dots" are my jigs from each pole and if you look at 2d, you will see the lines which are jigs along with the fish i catch.....

A few descriptions of the catches so anyone can understand what's going on.

#1 - Look at left side of screen, you will see a fish come into view and head straight for the jigs.

#2 - You dont see it on LS image or 2d but its hugging the bottom pretty good until it rises up to the jig.

#3 - You will see a fish on botton swim past the jig and as soon as i move it the first time, it turns around, move it again then strikes.

#4 - You cant see my jigs as i dont have the TM rotated just right but you see the fish come into view (left of structure) stops then goes up, i hook the fish but it came off near the surface, then i drop jigs back down and another fish comes up from bottom to take the jig.

#5 - Sorry about the water drop on camera lense; there is a fish hanging around the top of structure; drop a jig and get it to bite.

I'll also say that objects that appear in the viewer are smaller than they appear........sometimes the fish looks decent until you bring it up and realize its not that big......

Last edited by fishin couillon; 01-01-2021 at 12:55 AM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Very nice . You have that thing dialed in. That screen needs some clutter on it it’s to clean . I like the 2d also. Is it Garmin?

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, 2d is from the GT54.

4. Banned

5. Member
    Nice video, I enjoyed it.

6. Member
    Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the videos, I just received the 1022 and LS for Christmas, can't wait to get it hooked up and use it.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    very cool ...Can’t wait till warm weather here to get back out ..at least 45 lol

9. Member
    So, why down instead of forward? I really haven't fooled with down yet.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    SInce i'm fishing directly under the troller and not way out front, down works alot better for that situation and with both lines of jigs on each side of the troller, i can seen them on the graph in down view........

I actually moved the transducer to the barrel just for this fishing. WHen i start bass fishing, i'll move it back up to the shaft.

11. Member
    Interesting. I wish Saline wasn't so big of a paint to get to. My brush tops on IC and Kincaid are empty all of a sudden. No idea where those fish went.

12. Member
    When I run live scope and 2d is n my 122 my live scope split like you have it I lose picture quality. It appears like the pixel count is downgraded, do you see this? I typically use the black emerald color

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If the picture quality is downgraded I don't notice it. I will say that using the blue screen does hide/get rid of the "noise clutter" on the screen....

14. Banned
    Nicely Done!