HDS7 Gen 2 touch and Elite FS

I currently have two HDS7 Gen 2 Touch units on my boat. I’m probably getting the Ghost trolling motor here in a few months, and if I do I’d kinda like to be able to use all the functions the ghost makes available when you connect it to a compatible Lowrance unit. My HDS units are connected to a nmea network for a temp sensor and are networked together with an Ethernet cord. Could I install a new Elite FS on my bow, connect it to the Ghost and then network it via Ethernet to my older HDS7 that’s at my console? I’m guessing I wouldn’t even need to connect the Elite FS to my nmea since there is a temp sensor on the Ghost.

does this all sound doable?
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

2. Banned
    A lot of the new features won’t work when hooked to the older graphs when networked with Ethernet. Might be too new to tell what will and won’t work right now though.

3. Member
    Ah-that’s a bummer. Was hoping I could only upgrade my bow graph for now. I may just hold off on upgrading my graphs altogether and just run the Ghost with my HDS units.

4. Banned
    I still have gen2’s and I have a ghost, I bought it for the spotlock and the network features didn’t meant much to me. Now if you have any interest in the new Active Target transducer, the FS would be a good choice to use with it.

5. Member
    Grout-scout:

Thx for sharing. What did you need to buy in order to hook up your HDS Gen 2 unit to the ghost? Said another way, what do I need to buy besides what comes with the Ghost?

6. Banned
    You will need an 7-9 adapter for the sonar/DI, it’s about $30. Theres 2 different adapter models and the one I have will NOT give you temp from the ghost. If you don’t need temp, I’ll share the SKU with you. If you need temp from the ghost, you’ll need to call Lowrance or have one of the fellas share the SKU with you, I don’t have that number.

Other than that, that’s it.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 12-27-2020 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Typo

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You will need an 7-9 adapter for the sonar/DI, it’s about $30. Theres 2 different adapter models and the one I have will NOT give you temp from the ghost. If you don’t need temp, I’ll share the SKU with you. If you need temp from the ghost, you’ll need to call Lowrance or have one of the fellas share the SKU with you, I don’t have that number.

Other than that, that’s is.
    Without the compatible Lowrance MFD is the "jog" function available to you on the Ghost? I've found that a very valuable tool when fishing docks, shoreline laydowns or any other situation where I'm trying to pick cover apart.

8. Member
    Elite FS will have the same limitations and issues as Carbon when networked with a legacy unit (Gen2 Touch or older).

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Without the compatible Lowrance MFD is the "jog" function available to you on the Ghost? I've found that a very valuable tool when fishing docks, shoreline laydowns or any other situation where I'm trying to pick cover apart.
    You can use the remote to jog , costs another extra Benjamin

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    You can use the remote to jog , costs another extra Benjamin

Yep, I believe it’s the only way available to jog??? I was going to get the remote, but guys here talked me out of it quickly. Apparently it....well....sucks.

11. Member
    Went to Lowrance web site and:

Downloaded manual for ghost - nothing about the jog feature.
    Downloaded Live manual - nothing about jog feature
    Downloaded Addendum, Software release 20.0 for HDS Live, HDS Carbon and EliteTi2 - Eureka!

Anchor modes: In these modes the trolling motor maintains the vessel position at a selected location. Ú Note: When in anchor mode, the vessel heading can be affected by wind or current. The following anchor options are available: Change the position in anchor mode Use the arrow buttons to reposition the vessel when in anchor mode. Each press on a button will move the anchor position 1.5 m(5 ft) in the selected direction.

Same as it is with my Xi5. Able to jog L - R - F - B

12. Member
    Yep, I believe it’s the only way available to jog??? I was going to get the remote, but guys here talked me out of it quickly. Apparently it....well....sucks.
    I like the remote myself, don't have to bend over to touch the screen all the time.

13. Member
    I like the remote myself, don't have to bend over to touch the screen all the time.

14. Member
    Great info guys - looks like I’ll get the remote too if that’s one way I can use the jog feature.

Thx

15. Banned
    Can you drive the boat with the TM, I recall a member saying that it didn’t respond quick enough? I’d like to have the remote, if it works good all the time.

16. Member
    Can you drive the boat with the TM, I recall a member saying that it didn’t respond quick enough? I’d like to have the remote, if it works good all the time.
    You can steer, change speed with the remote. Haven't used it that much yet, didn't notice response time.