Sharing 2016 Tracker Pro-170 Upgrades

I've learned so much from everyone on this site so I thought I'd share some of my upgrades. (1) After buying the boat, I realized the rod storage was quite limited so I cut the sidewall of the storage box and added a piano hinge to allow it to fully open. The bolt on top holds the side closed when the top is down allowing the lock to secure the area. I used some plywood and PVC to create separate rod holders. I bought 10' long fiberglas rods as poorman's shallow water anchor system (use rope loops to secure).
    Rod Holder.jpg
    (2) I replaced the 12V basic TM that came with the boat with a 24V 45" Ulterra -- I love this unit!! The remote is so great I don't even use the foot control. Mounting the unit it a PAIN! I had to cut a larger access hole behind the removable carpet area. I then used a straight piece of steel stock with a hole cut into the end to hold locking nuts under the bow to fully secure the unit. I used plastic spacers to level the unit since the bow is not level. I used the existing wiring since it was 10ga and seemed robust enough to manage the 24V upgrade.
    Bow access.jpg Ulterra mount.jpg TM 24V Battery Bay.jpg
    (3) I added a 9" Helix MSI to the bow (Ulterra transponder) and a 7" Helix MSI with transom mounted transducer (swivel mount for head unit is important to keep unit from overhanging side of boat when coming to pier). I pulled a new separate power line from the cracking battery compartment to properly feed the new sonars since they are powerhogs! I ran the new 8ga wires along the port side behind the carpeting (it is marine wire so already nicely covered wiring), and under the livewell.
    Bow Helix and Ulterra.jpg Console Helix.jpg Console Mount.jpg
    (4) I connected all of the new electronics through an ethernet switch mounted in front of the console / next to the livewell. I was worried about interference with the sonar wires close to the new 8ga wiring but no problems so far. I upgraded the cranking battery to a new Optima Blue Top AGM.
    Ethernet Bay.jpg
    (5) I replaced the console cigarette outlet with a new LED voltmeter and dual USB outlets. I discovered the LED was a parasitic energy grab so I added a switch to the outlet to correct.
    Switched LED Voltomter and USB charger.jpg

Hope these upgrades help others thinking about doing one or more of them. LMK if there are any questions I can answer!
    Last edited by Tkelly1250; 12-22-2020 at 09:59 AM.