Humminbird side imaging transducer placement

Just bought a new Helix 7 side imaging unit. Will be networking with two other Helix 7 DI units. I'm considering mounting the transducer between the transom and outboard motor, near the center of the boat so I have a clear path for the transducer to both side of the boat. Would appreciate thoughts whether this will work or will this be too turbulent of an area for accurate readings? I'm not concerned about using at high speed, i know I'll have it mounted higher than recommended because of the shape of the boat. You'll see i have a down imaging transducer mounted on the transom, trying to keep the new side imaging transducer away from the down imaging transducer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That will work and will allow you to scan at a faster idle speeds than mounting it higher.

Your only concern is the lower unit contacting it when trimmed all the way down. Typically not an issue with those small Compact SI transducers.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    My boat rear end is very similar to yours, previous owner mounted it on the next step down by the water outlets / drains
    Works pretty well there as well.

4. Member
    This topic (Mounting transducers) greatly frustrates me. I have looked at jack plate mounts, hole shot mounts, mounting boards and nothing seems to be a goldilocks option. I am really wishing manufactures put some sort of mounting plate for a transducer that was replaceable... It wouldn't be hard to weld something on an aluminum hull.

5. Member
    Thanks, appreciate the feedback from all of you.