Thread: Fish ID on SI?

Fish ID on SI?

A while back I saw a post over on the garmin page about the Raymarine (not sure which model) and how fish really popped on SI. Looking for some information on that if someone can help?

2. Member
    I should note i fish crappie and walleye. I can see 2-3ft long fish on any side imaging. Looking for something i can easily identify a 12” fish on

3. Member
    Fish "pop" well on both the Element and Axiom.....but more on the Element. Both also have a FishID feature though I never found it that useful and turned it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Thanks Chief

I have been running all garmin. Recently added a gen1 solix12 to my lineup. I really like the solix, it has a lot of detail on SI but I still struggle to see fish unless they are quite large, and when you get over 20ft deep things drop off considerably. You also have to constantly be adjusting setting to keep the picture looking good. All this SI detail really doesnt do me much good if I cant see fish. I know where most of the structure in my lake is already, im just looking for fish. I thought going up to a 12HD unitt would do this but I still struggle.

What other units have you had that you can compare this element to?

5. Member
    The Element will require adjustments for really good detail, though maybe less than the Solix. Gain, Intensity, and Scroll speed.

Humminbird's Mega shows fish great, but somehow Raymarine got them to stand out brighter.

6. Member
    You might want to check out Garmins new Vivid Strikers. Im curious to know how much the new palettes help them in seeing fish.