Thread: Ranger cover

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The cover should have a tag on it somewhere too which says what hull it is made for. Mine actually has it printed in ink on the back side of the cover.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strokin2fish View Post
    Yes, I am strapping with the two side straps and the 2 rear straps. Seats out and still very loose when all cinched down. Moose may be on to something, maybe previous owner did not purchase correct cover for a 521C. Thanks for all the help to me being a newbie to the Ranger Family. May try the seats in track but not very confident.
    I have the same boat, same cover. You need to have the butt seat in the front and regular seat in the back then the cover will be tight and will shed water as long as the the two straps are nice and tight and you ratchet the perimeter strap tight.

Optional: I don't use seats in my boat when I fish so I made pvc posts to use instead of the actual seats. This works well with the cover in place of the seats so that I don't have to lug the seats around and can throw the pvc posts in the back of the truck without having to worry about expensive seats being stolen.

3. Member
    I used to have to raise my seats in the highest position to get a real tight fit are you seats all the way up (make sure the seats work as far as up and down) and i traveled from md to south carolina a few times.

4. Member
    I have a 2021 z 518 seats out cover , same problem water pools in the sag just next to the trolling motor even when sinced up tight. Drives me crazy and i verified its the correct cover
    Last edited by boatinspector; 11-22-2022 at 05:29 PM. Reason: mispelled

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strokin2fish View Post
    Yes, I am strapping with the two side straps and the 2 rear straps. Seats out and still very loose when all cinched down. Moose may be on to something, maybe previous owner did not purchase correct cover for a 521C. Thanks for all the help to me being a newbie to the Ranger Family. May try the seats in track but not very confident.

2 straps means it is a high raised cover and needs both seat installed at a lowered setting to fit right

the flat cover has 3 straps 2 on port and one on starboard
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Are you sure you don’t have a dual console cover on a single console
    boat. I have a z520 that I changed out the trolling motor to a Ghost.
    Bought new cover and told them about the Ghost and cover fits really
    good. Good luck

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    Are you sure you don’t have a dual console cover on a single console
    boat. I have a z520 that I changed out the trolling motor to a Ghost.
    Bought new cover and told them about the Ghost and cover fits really
    good. Good luck
    likely he has a raised cover and he said he isn't putting in the seats
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    I have the same rig as the OP and mine is tight as a drum top.! Don’t be afraid to crank down the ratchet straps.!

Maybe this will help. Also, I add a folded bath towel over the TM Prop, front graphs, windshields and the graph on the rail by the console to protect the cover from any wind movement as I drive. Be sure all straps are pulled tight !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

10. Member
    Sounds like you have a seats in cover. Try putting on with your front and rear seat in and see if the fit is any better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12