Motor mount position for AVX2080

What motor mount hole is your AVX 2080 mounted on. With 6” manual JP, mine was mounted on 2nd hole from top. Was having performance issues and dealer has moved motor to top hole. I have not confirmed yet but dealer said performance is great now after they ran the boat. Wonder where everyone else with a 2080 has the motor mounted? Also running a Tempest Plus 22P
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

2. Member
    I would like to know as well. RPMs are a little low and can’t trim up anymore. If I raise the JP any more I lose speed. I’m in the second hole as well.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I will try to look at mine tonight. I believe mine is in 2nd hole too, but I think I have a 23P on mine.

What issues are you having? I feel my boat runs very well. 64-65 2 guys full load. 67-68 with just me in it and full gas and livewell full!

VexusEarl: Was that meant to be 54-55 and 57-58mph? Which motor are you running? My tourney partner is trying to get his 2080 with Merc 4 stroke to run a little better. His numbers are basically what I just posted. Yours are very impressive if they are correct as you typed them. Gives me hope that there is plenty left to be found!

5. Member
    I tried a 23P Tempest that a buddy had performance was worse than the 22. Hole shot was fine but couldn’t get it above 5600 rpms. Ive played with with weight distribution to no avail. I’m also running 2-8’ blades. I’m happy with the setup but not getting anywhere close to the numbers some people are posting. 61 is top speed just me and full tank of gas and 59-60 with a partner.

6. Member
    I just looked at the height of mine I have a jack plate that sets the motor back 6 inches. I currently have it right at 5 inches above the top of the transom and have run it higher maybe 5 1/2 to 3/4 any higher and it slows down . Running a 22p Tempest Plus. It shows on the gps 63 and some change with a partner and 65 and change by myself.
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

7. Member
    I have 2080 with Merc 200 XS. 6" hydraulic, prop shaft about 2" below pad, 2 people, fishing gear, half tank fuel, no live well water, very low humidity, perfect water condition, little chop, 64.8 mph consistently, 5850/5900 RPM. If I raise engine on plate above 1" below pad, speed begins to drop. Running 23" Fury. Still have not tried a 25" of any brand. No carpet in boat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VexusEarl View Post
    I will try to look at mine tonight. I believe mine is in 2nd hole too, but I think I have a 23P on mine.

What issues are you having? I feel my boat runs very well. 64-65 2 guys full load. 67-68 with just me in it and full gas and livewell full!
    Issues I am having is only getting 58-60mph @ 5900-6000rpm. But those speeds were when I had the motor trimmed way up and really to much. If I didn’t trim up very much, I was doing good to get 56-58mph. I will try to run the boat tomorrow to see what I’m getting since the dealer moved motor to first hole.

I am amazed that you are able to get 65+ mph. My dealer said at 65mph, my boat was starting to walk some.
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

9. Member
    A little update: I’ll have to go run it some more when I have more time. First impression after a quick run is that moving the motor down to the first mounting whole made the boat handled like worse. Handling better when mounted on the second hole. Now the nose is further down then it was before. I can get 60mph out of it but I’ve got to trim up to the point where I’ve got the rooster tail back high and steering gets a little loose. I’m thinking now I’ll probably have them move the motor back to the second hole and call it a day. Boat does not perform like I think it should at all. Definitely not seeing the performance that others claim and I’m frustrated to say the least.

I am having similar issues as several above. Running ~64mph(1/2 tank, by myself, loaded, low humidity) at 5600rpms(max) but not getting the lift I need or the rpms. I am trimmed up so far that my rooster is why above the motor. Mine is mounted on the top hole running a 23p Fury, 6" JP.
    I am to the point of taking to the dealer and dropping it off with them and pick it up when they send me video of it performing better. I am out of options on my side.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    I am having similar issues as several above. Running ~64mph(1/2 tank, by myself, loaded, low humidity) at 5600rpms(max) but not getting the lift I need or the rpms. I am trimmed up so far that my rooster is why above the motor. Mine is mounted on the top hole running a 23p Fury, 6" JP.
    I am to the point of taking to the dealer and dropping it off with them and pick it up when they send me video of it performing better. I am out of options on my side.
    I had mine at the dealer and they said “we got it, it’s perfect”. It is running worse now then it was before. And Vexus has been no help. I’m have been disappointed in them, expected to much I guess.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    VexusEarl: Was that meant to be 54-55 and 57-58mph? Which motor are you running? My tourney partner is trying to get his 2080 with Merc 4 stroke to run a little better. His numbers are basically what I just posted. Yours are very impressive if they are correct as you typed them. Gives me hope that there is plenty left to be found!
    No my numbers were correct! I have a 2020 2080 with Merc 200 4-Stroke and 23P Fury Prop! Mounted in the 2nd hole on a 6" setback plate!

I had it fully loaded with two guys at take off running 64.7 saturday! Unfortunately threw and ear off my prop and I am very nervous about my next prop. As all props run just a little different and the one I had was a good one, and my boat runs great in my opinion!

Also, I have 8" Power Poles on my boat as well. I keep as much weight as possible to the back!!! I feel I am very fortunate with my boat and the speed I am getting out of it. I feel it is set up just right!

13. Member

Question Prop to pad

Quote Originally Posted by VexusEarl View Post
    No my numbers were correct! I have a 2020 2080 with Merc 200 4-Stroke and 23P Fury Prop! Mounted in the 2nd hole on a 6" setback plate!

I had it fully loaded with two guys at take off running 64.7 saturday! Unfortunately threw and ear off my prop and I am very nervous about my next prop. As all props run just a little different and the one I had was a good one, and my boat runs great in my opinion!

Also, I have 8" Power Poles on my boat as well. I keep as much weight as possible to the back!!! I feel I am very fortunate with my boat and the speed I am getting out of it. I feel it is set up just right!
    VexusEarl, do you have a prop to pad measurement on your Vexus 2080. I’m having low rpm issues as well as speed. I would like to tell my dealer about your setup to see if it will work on my boat. My prop to pad measurement at this moment is 4-1/16. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also my motor mount is in the first hole, 23p fury, 6” jp.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke81j26 View Post
    VexusEarl, do you have a prop to pad measurement on your Vexus 2080. I’m having low rpm issues as well as speed. I would like to tell my dealer about your setup to see if it will work on my boat. My prop to pad measurement at this moment is 4-1/16. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also my motor mount is in the first hole, 23p fury, 6” jp.
    Just a thought. I changed to a 22p Fury recently. The improvement is noticeable. I am now running ~66 consistently with a full tank and tournament load. Rpms are were they need to be 5900-6k. My weight distribution is bow heavy, which I know impacts the performance but I don't use my back boxes for tackle storage. I leave one empty for co or when my wife/daughter go to put their stuff in. Even so, I am pretty confident that with a <1/2 tank I will be in the 67-68 range solo. I was 63 yesterday will my buddy who pushes 275lb and all his gear, full tank etc.

I was running a 23p Fury and I could not get the rpms above 5550 regardless of what I did.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Just a thought. I changed to a 22p Fury recently. The improvement is noticeable. I am now running ~66 consistently with a full tank and tournament load. Rpms are were they need to be 5900-6k. My weight distribution is bow heavy, which I know impacts the performance but I don't use my back boxes for tackle storage. I leave one empty for co or when my wife/daughter go to put their stuff in. Even so, I am pretty confident that with a <1/2 tank I will be in the 67-68 range solo. I was 63 yesterday will my buddy who pushes 275lb and all his gear, full tank etc.

I was running a 23p Fury and I could not get the rpms above 5550 regardless of what I did.
    Yep, a buddy switched to the 22 Fury and is getting 65-67, so I asked my dealer the other day to add the 22 to my 2080 order as well.... can't wait to try it out!!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries