Thread: Probably time

Probably time

To stick a fork in this page and call it done.

Hickory (moderator) has the easiest job since Brian Bosworth got paid to watch oil wells go up and down.

2. Member
    Hey Curt! Not yet! I just got my new Elements installed the other day! May need your help getting them dialed in!

3. Member
    That’s funny. Call anytime!!! If I don’t answer I’m probably in a tree chasing whitetail.

4. Member
    Will do, thanks again Bud!

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Somebody has to do it

6. Member
    That’s funny

7. Member

8. Member
    Got word today that a Level 1 pro from MN was cut today and the that the BIGGEST NAME IN RAYMARINE bass fishing was also let go. Company had all the potential in the world, but saltwater, sailing, cruising and yachting rule their world. Equipment is great, but the freshwater gap will continue to grow and I wouldn’t hold out for anything forward looking any time soon.

9. Member
    ya, would have loved to have seen Raymarine's version of live sonar.

I keep hoping their Realvision image quality will get an improvement with a software update.

I truly love my Axiom Pro 9rv and ES7 !! But, I understand their hesitation to try to "Break" into the freshwater crowd with Lowrance, Garmin, and Humminbird. It's a tough market, and they lead in the Salt Water, so that's their bread and butter. I look forward to any and all updates !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member

12. Member
    Hesitant to tap into a market larger than US saltwater fishing? I worked for them for 5 years, nothing personal against them, just hard truth from the inside. For years, they were happy to be a profitable #4 in the electronics game. Now they are facing declining US sales and being an unprofitable #4.

Better in SW, but I’m not sure “leader” is still applicable. Not having Standard Mapping compatibility is handing sales to Simrad.

Also, a convuluted networking system for multiple units on Element, but a transducer that’s better that Axiom is about as bassackwards as it gets.

FLIR has stated publicly that they are “actively looking for a buyer for Raymarine”. Thermal, government and municipal is where the money is at.

13. Member
    it seems a software update for Axiom to be able to use a Hypervision transducer wouldnt be too difficult.

14. Member
    I just purchased a garmin 94 sv, the one on sale for $699, but had been considering the element for a long time, probably would have bought the element if it was touchscreen. Love the fact that the element comes with Navionics mapping that includes both coastal and lake maps, that would save me from buying a extra card I will have to with Garmin. If they would add Hypervision to Axiom then it would be about perfect. Seems the differences between the Element series and Axiom series is somewhat weird. The sonar on the lower end unit should not have some better sonar options.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay