Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Nice Husky!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

That's the original tank off the bike, he took it off and put on a plastic large tank back in the late 70's. It was on a self in the garage so it's still in great shape. The rest of the bike needs a lot of work.

Yeah I seen that but they were a nice bike.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R. View Post
    Had an interesting call from my best friends dad this past week. He told me was done with the dirt bikes after first starting riding in the Californian desert back in the 60's. This is the man who taught me offroad. He's 83 years old and can barely get on his bike anymore. He told me to come get all the bikes and gear. It was a somber time loading every thing up. All the memories he has with them. He had most of his bikes from over the years. Some are too far gone after sitting under tarps over the years. There was a 60's bultaco, a 70's husqvarna, a couple 80's yamaha 250's, 2 honda xr80's, a trail 90. Then his honda cr250r and then Matt's, my best friends yamaha yz250 that has been on the back porch since his death in 2014. I know for sure I will be keeping and restoring the Husqvarna and Matt's yz.
    Attachment 490572
    Attachment 490573
    Attachment 490574
    Nice bikes. Is that a 2000 Honda CR250?

It's a 2001, pretty much stock but has suspension done up with very light valving. All it needs is a top end, has low compression.

Got a new Beta last month. 200 rr. Dealer said he could street plate it too so I didn't hold him back
    It pretty much sucks on the street but I can ride up and down the beach road and look at bikinis
    Had a couple rides in the woods and it rocks. Just seems to fit me.
    Still have the yz 250 fx - not sure what to do about that one, it has been awesome
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]493575[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice new ride!!

Funny i found this thread.
    I rode years ago and have started to get a little bit of the itch for it again and have been looking at used bikes on Market place.
    Crazy how prices have went up so much since the last time i looked.
    I always rode 2 strokes with a 99yz 250 being the last one i had. Found a few in the $3k range and also a YZ400 that has a blolwn motor for $500.
    Gonna keep looking around. Would like to find one that needs a little love that i can buy fairly cheap as ill jsut be a trail guy no racing.

Ya, the covid pricing is still affecting the market and keeping people from getting a bike or any outdoor sports stuff. I've been seeing it come down some but people are still asking top dollar with term like very sought after or last of it kind 2 stroke ect. Hopefully you'll find a good bike and deal, then get back in the woods!

10. Member
    No, only do 4 wheelin' and RZR riding as far as mountain trails.

Reviving this thread
    Has anyone started riding yet this year?

I have been out twice this year. Been busy as heck and not able to go unless I "get sick" before work. My goal this year is to hit a couple new places and get my boy on the PW50.

13. Member
    I rode to Blue Ridge yesterday and had a new front tire installed on my Goldwing. Now I have new tires all the way around on my HD and Goldwing, ready to ride as the weather permits on week days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Reviving this thread
    Has anyone started riding yet this year?

Fooled around all winter and didn't get mine to the shop to have the fork seal fixed. Just loaded it on the trailer the other day and got it to the shop. Weathere has been great this week for riding to work, BUT NO, I had procrastinate!!! Now it will probably be close to two weeks before I get it back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523561[/ATTACH[
    Had a fun weekend last weekend with some old buddies. I haven't riden in a bit but took the 300MXC and the CR250R to the Austin area at hidden falls adventure park. Some fun single track up and down the hills with some good technical stuff mixed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R. View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]523561[/ATTACH[
    Had a fun weekend last weekend with some old buddies. I haven't riden in a bit but took the 300MXC and the CR250R to the Austin area at hidden falls adventure park. Some fun single track up and down the hills with some good technical stuff mixed in.
    96 CR250 looks good!

She did good all weekend, never missed a beat!

20230527_101454.jpg
    Got the boy out this weekend on the PW50 I built for the kids. He has a way to go but he did have some fun!!

I have been trying to ride once a week to get back into it some
    My old KTM is still running strong.
    Cant make up my mind if I want to send the forks and shock off to have them revalved for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I have been trying to ride once a week to get back into it some
    My old KTM is still running strong.
    Cant make up my mind if I want to send the forks and shock off to have them revalved for me.
    One of the best things you can do is have the suspension set up for your weight and skill level. Every bike I have gets sent in for revalve and springs. Just got the fork valves and the shock back for the yz250 build. With my discount it was around $750.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast