Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I will be 56 Friday and ride my 250fx almost every weekend. Club property has approx 15 miles single track and we get in some good trips throughout the year
    Good times with good people!

KIMG0117 (640x360).jpg

KIMG0124 (640x360).jpg

Went to Louisiana over the weekend to visit family, camping and riding Dirtbikes. Missed my 450X so I decided to go ahead and buy another one and sell my 250X to my good friend I’ve known since High School. Had a great time at Forest Hills.

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Good times
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Member
    That looks like a ton of fun. I sure do miss riding, but at 42 old injuries are coming back with a vengeance.

Went Monday and rode at a rocky place near me. Put in 30 miles.
    20210412_121021.jpg
    20210412_132856.jpg
    20210412_121514.jpg
    20210412_121539.jpg
    Yes, my dash is ziptied on due to a crash in a deep sand section. Now I need to get a new unit due to they no longer make parts for it anymore.

6. Member
    That looks like a fun place to ride. As far as the ziptied dash. Its on there good enough.

It is a fun place to ride, lots of good trails but is rocky as heck. Look up the kenda revlimiter race. It was a few miles from twin hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R. View Post
    Went Monday and rode at a rocky place near me. Put in 30 miles.
    20210412_121021.jpg
    20210412_132856.jpg
    20210412_121514.jpg
    20210412_121539.jpg
    Yes, my dash is ziptied on due to a crash in a deep sand section. Now I need to get a new unit due to they no longer make parts for it anymore.
    Do you still ride the CR250?

I do but not much. It's not set up like the ktm and it hurts me in the heavy trails. I've been riding a hydro and recluse clutch for a while and the cable clutch on the CR kills my wrist . Both have issues from years of work and injuries. I take it to more easy trails or tracks. I did buy anouther set of flexx bars for it and have been watching for a hydro kit to pop up.

Double phone post.

Been a long time but this was the last time. Yeah., I know ... the kidney belt didn't fit where I needed it anymore..

I gave up on those years ago! I have a brand new evs large if anyone wants it.

Kind of pissed at myself for not doing more research. Wasn’t looking to buy another dirtbike, just browsing Facebook Marketplace and saw this all stock WR450X with only 62 miles on it 15 miles from my house at a good price. Didn’t want anybody else to swoop it out from underneath me so I told the guy I’ll be right over, and bought it. Happy on the way home, until........

Stock, the WR450 comes choked up with exhaust, non programmable ECU, air box snorkel, and best of all, a long screw that prevents the throttle from opening all the way, about 1/4 turn only. All of the above makes the bike run extremely lean and in stock condition, about 18hp compared to around 50+HP. Thanks EPA! After looking on the internet on how to uncork the bike, Throttle is an easy and quick fix with a shorter screw that costs about a $1.00. Snorkel in air box is easy to remove to let the bike breathe and it’s free. Silencer is about $350. Yamaha make a programmable GYTR Competition ECU for $129 that is made to work with the bike when it’s uncorked. After doing more research on the Yamaha ECU, they discontinued it, which surprised me because Yamaha is usually good for making parts for a bike for a long time. Aftermarket ECU is about ~ $500. Sucks lol, but nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully the bike will be fun to ride compared to the Honda!

Another fun weekend camping with friends at Turkey Bay ORV, in Kentucky. Land Between the Lakes. I rode a friends Beta 300 Xtrainer. Think I’m going back to a 2 Stroke!

Speaking of dirtbikes, do you run stock tire size or wider? I need some new rubber and was considering pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
    Speaking of dirtbikes, do you run stock tire size or wider? I need some new rubber and was considering pros and cons
    I just run the stock rear size on my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Another fun weekend camping with friends at Turkey Bay ORV, in Kentucky. Land Between the Lakes. I rode a friends Beta 300 Xtrainer. Think I’m going back to a 2 Stroke!

Looks like a great time! Love my 300 2 stroke!
    Cville.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
    If your bike can handle a wider tire for offroad I would go wider. Motocross I run stock.

Did you get the wr ecu?
    I had a 250 and once it ws squared away , engine and suspension - that thing was crisp.
    Totally different bike from stock
    I am on the fx version now.
    Headed to Brushy MTN in the am for a hot weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by basnbran View Post
    Did you get the wr ecu?
    I had a 250 and once it ws squared away , engine and suspension - that thing was crisp.
    Totally different bike from stock
    I am on the fx version now.
    Headed to Brushy MTN in the am for a hot weekend..
    No ecu. I’ve decided to sell it, get a lighter bike and I want another 2 stroke.

Have fun riding this weekend!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast